The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I don't really love it but I do happen to like it. Big Ken found out that I'm going to be getting a .270 so he demanded a retraction of all those mean things I say about the .270 Win. First off, it is my favorite Pronghorn slayer. Nothing better than the .270 for reaching out on the prairie. Second, I have to admit that I've talked to guys who moose hunt and they say the 150 grain Core-Lokt really does the job on moose. Third, it's the second best cartridge for all N. American game. Why the second best? Because The .30-06 still rules

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I am going to carry my .270 this year, got it after past season and if it shoots ok will be my rifle this year. Agree with Moosemike about the /06 being better but think my .300 Win mag is tops.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
OK MIKE do you need to say something to me????? The 150 gr. cor-lokt drops deer you just won't believe it. Prong Horne the 130gr. is my choice the newer bullets thow i guess. The 130's is what made the 270 last all these years. Wonder how many guys just look at their gun after shootin game just to make sure it's still there 270....later

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
b&ghuntre said:
OK MIKE do you need to say something to me????? The 150 gr. cor-lokt drops deer you just won't believe it. Prong Horne the 130gr. is my choice the newer bullets thow i guess. The 130's is what made the 270 last all these years. Wonder how many guys just look at their gun after shootin game just to make sure it's still there 270....later

Now you figure I owe you an apology too?

You were right all along.

'06 is still better though. Unless we're talking Mulies and Pronghorn. Then the .270 reigns supreme and unchallenged. Man I miss Pronghorn steaks.............

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also have a very nice Redfield Widefield 3-9X that is just waiting to get mounted on that .270. Thanks man.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
patonyk said:
Moose....Try the 140 grain Nosler Ballistic tips. I have been using then for years. Very accurate
I had been using 130 grn Ballistic tips, just loaded up a bunch of 140 grn accubonds.

·
Registered
513 Posts
never tried the 130 gr. Bt's. Had such good luck with the 140's that I never looked at bullet. May have to look into it.

·
Administrator
39,070 Posts
moosehunter said:
OK, I don't really love it but I do happen to like it. Big Ken found out that I'm going to be getting a .270 so he demanded a retraction of all those mean things I say about the .270 Win. First off, it is my favorite Pronghorn slayer. Nothing better than the .270 for reaching out on the prairie. Second, I have to admit that I've talked to guys who moose hunt and they say the 150 grain Core-Lokt really does the job on moose. Third, it's the second best cartridge for all N. American game. Why the second best? Because The .30-06 still rules
Mike, i own both, and os of now the .270 rules!Why?Because it's what i hunt with now!

·
Registered
401 Posts
moosehunter said:
Third, it's the second best cartridge for all N. American game. Why the second best? Because The .30-06 still rules
You know I was really excited I could get on here say its a good cartridge cuz its a necked down -06...but someone beat me to it!!! The .30-06 does rule!!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
patonyk said:
never tried the 130 gr. Bt's. Had such good luck with the 140's that I never looked at bullet. May have to look into it.
I've been using them for 15 years or so. Been really dependable for us.

Did buy some Barnes 110 gr TTSX's to try. Thinking they may be awesome, then thought when it comes right down to it, I am just making my .270 a 25-06. That's the fun of reloading, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts