The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, a 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is way too much gun for PA White-tails you say. I think not! Reference the pictures below. There is no doubt in my mind, had this deer not been shot, it would only have been a matter of time before he attacked someone, or ate a child. I'm not taking any chances on wounding one of these meat eating beasts! You all owe it to yourself to head to the woods with the biggest gun you can handle. With a razor sharp canine like this guy was sporting, there's no telling what kind of damage he could do, especially if he was wounded and went on a rampage! For me, the deer hunting game has totally changed.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That video is a classic...."he ayyyte a buuuuuuuurd!"

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
From what I know you actually have a fairly rare deer with canines. My # may be off but I recall hearing like 1 out of 10,000 deer have canines. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. My buddy got one last year that had them.

·
Premium Member
24,169 Posts
Borden811 said:
I know, I know, a 300 Remington Ultra Magnum is way too much gun for PA White-tails you say. I think not! Reference the pictures below. There is no doubt in my mind, had this deer not been shot, it would only have been a matter of time before he attacked someone, or ate a child. I'm not taking any chances on wounding one of these meat eating beasts! You all owe it to yourself to head to the woods with the biggest gun you can handle. With a razor sharp canine like this guy was sporting, there's no telling what kind of damage he could do, especially if he was wounded and went on a rampage! For me, the deer hunting game has totally changed.

That's about the worse excuse I ever heard

·
Registered
979 Posts
My first VA buck this year had them as well, except he had teeth on both sides!!! Didn't realize it had them till I did my euro mount. Crazy looking!!!

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So a guy needs an excuse to hunt deer with a 300 RUM?

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Zombie deer for sure.

PS: I hunt with a 300 SAUM just so the Zombies don't get me.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe the deer and zombies are cross breeding? I think I'm stepping up to a .458 next year!

·
Registered
746 Posts
I think it's obvious that the deer are evolving at a faster rate than us. Given enough time, lets say fifty more years I can see posts on the forum like. "the game commission planted deer to eat all the coyotes" and "whose been treed by a deer lately". It's only natural selection. Geese, and they don't want me to hunt with an AR style rifle. Is not safe out there!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts