The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled up to my perfect coyote set this morning and found this. It not the first it's happened, I've caught a few nice late season coons on this farm. Just did not want to deal with them now. Heres before. Funny stuff!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
When the trap is pulled out and not set off its almost always coon IMO. I had a blind trail set flipped up this year. Remade the set a little more solid had had big boar coon next day.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I had some coyotes last season that were doing that to me nightly. I have no coons up here.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The trap was picked up and placed to the side. No dirt thrown around like it was dug out.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yep , surgically removed, coyotes drove me nuts last year, even doubled up traps and they would gingerly uncover and move the trap a side.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
yeah stinkin coons. i been trying to get my bobcat with the hounds and so far we have treed 4 coons and caught one on the ground.

as soon as i get a trap like the one in the pic i pound in a dp not far away. catch coon and flipped traps stop.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just about everytime this happens I set a DP about 15' away and nab a coon in a night or two. I'd have done it today but I'm pulling everything tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts