The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought a T/C Impact last week. I'm stationed in MD and this lets me hunt here and I am able to get home to hunt PA special reg areas once in a while. Most of my hunting is archery but the inline just opens more opportunity for me to hunt and being active duty Navy, stationed outside my home state, any way to expand opportunity is something that I will take advantage of given the chance.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Went on a guided hunt in Iowa...
The funny thing is that I didn't think I would use it after that but my Encore 209X50 has been my favorite gun since then and I carry it all the time (when legal).
Just harvested a nice doe on the lsat day of gun season. Dropped her in her tracks. Love that gun

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Bought an inline since I live in 5D. No rifle allowed. Prefer it over a shotgun. I like it cause it drops the deer fast. But the flint lock comes out if I am after a buck in FL is open. Some properties I use the bow too.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
got mine on the clearance rack at Wal-Mart, CVA Wolf, use it in Oct and sometimes in rifle, and will be using it in Ohio someday soon

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Well,I crushed my shoulder & snapped my collar bone doing some preseason scouting for archery season the second year early season was in. Numerous surgeries left me in a sling for nearly a year. I knew there was no way to take out the T/C Flinter that year. In no way was I gonna let this keep me outta the woods, so on way to mountains I stopped at the shop and picked up T/C Encore. Price was a steal, couldn't pass it up! New barrel, new gun at a fraction the cost of any new full platform.
Why? Love the smell....

·
Registered
881 Posts
Found a good deal on it in the used rack ,and figured someday I would need it. Never hunted with it myself, and I have owned it for years. It has payed off, however, in providing my wife the opportunity to hunt the early mz season. We only get a few days each year to hunt together, and this gives us a few more, so worth every penny!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm with MathewsMan85 - I live in Butler county, but only minutes from Allegheny County (2B). That month long antlerless season after Christmas is fun, and of course I could always buck hunt with it during rifle season, which is shotgun and muzzleloader only. But I've never had the need to. Plus, I bought one because I never liked the idea of a slug gun for some reason. The inline is just a lot more fun and I guarantee just as accurate as a rifled slug gun. Blows any smoothbore slug gun outta the water that's for sure.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a flinter, but I'm going to pick up an inline sometime in the future so my wife can go out with me for a week in archery. She doesn't do well in the cold and this will give her a chance to get out and get a deer before it gets cold for rifle. I'll probably end up using it for a hunt out west one day, I hear the tags are cheaper if you use a front stuffer. I will be pretty [censored] if they ever allow them in late season. That is a pa tradition that needs to be kept.

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
I have several in-lines, but none like the current offerring of deer guns. I purchased an original Phila made Wurfflein from the 1860's at an antique store decades ago and started collecting odd muzzleloaders, including inlines. Most are simply target guns intended for match shooting. My other big bore inline rifle was built in the 1960's by a gunsmith near Annapolis and has a false muzzle and fancy stock with palm rest. I do have a little 32 caliber that looks like a 22 bolt action rifle. The others are all pistols. In fact, I think all of my inlines take no. 11 percussion caps. Not a 209 primer gun in the bunch

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
To hunt in rifle season....do not like the week in oct.i am a archery hunter and hate it and what ever else that goes that week.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I bought mine because they are much easier to use than a flintlock and it performs just like my rifles without the risk of a misfire.. I like that I can use it in the early season, which gives me a better chance to bag a doe before it gets too cold out. With my eyes, the scope gives me a better sight picture than trying to use the open sights. I no longer have to worry about the flinch that comes with the flintlocks thanks to the enclosed ignition.

·
Registered
168 Posts
btt to read, off to church

41 - 54 of 54 Posts