The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just curious to see who everyone uses for their taxidermist... I hear all the time how guys are waiting for one, two or even three years to get their mounts back. I have tried out a few different ones and the guy I have now is going to keep getting all my business. He has plenty of work and he turns a mount around within 5 weeks to 2 months,(typically) even if he is super swamped. The trick to that is that he tans all of his own hides. I've refered alot of guys to him and everyone has been more than happy withthe quality of the mounts, the prices are unbeatable and his turn around time is awesome. Randy Kuntz taxidermy... And no I wasnt put up to putting this post up. I just dont understand why guys wait for 2 years or more to get their mount back that they may have been waiting their whole life to kill

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I go to Nature's Own Wildlife Studio's in Lebanon. He does excellent work and you don't have to worry about what you are getting. I won't take my stuff anywhere else. There are some other good Taxidermist's out there and some of the work that I have been seeing on here proves that. I just like going there and have always had good results. You will have to wait about a year to get your stuff, but I think that is about average.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I take mine to Duvalls Taxidermy in Rising Sun MD. Ray does a great job and his turn around is way less than a year. he has done deer and trout for me and I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Go to the general fishing or trout fishing forums. Click the sponsor link at the top of the page for Great Cove Studio. That's my guy.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Jackmans Taxidermy in Butler. Been a family friend for a long time and he went to school about 5 years ago. Jim is extremely meticulous with his work. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
19,637 Posts
We use Shawn Lamparter's Wildlife at 2nd St & Cross St, Gouldsboro, Pa. http://www.lamparterswildlife.com
The guy will tell you upfront that he isn’t the cheapest around but he does quality work and he is right. He has dons several things for me and they are perfect.
I didn't think his prices are higher then others around this area and the turn around time for deer and bear is around 9 mos.

If you want just drop off the whole animal and he will skin it and take the meat to Martinell’s Deer Processing in Tannersville to do up anyway you want. I have used them and their bologna and salami and Kabila is the best I have ever had.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
My dad is my taxidermist, Terry's Taxidermy in Carbondale.

·
Registered
611 Posts
"If you want just drop off the whole animal and he will skin it and take the meat to Martinell’s Deer Processing in Tannersville to do up anyway you want. I have used them and their bologna and salami and Kabila is the best I have ever had."

I agree about the bologna, salami and kielbasa

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I second Randy Kuntz Taxidermy. Did both waterfowl freaks ducks and they are amazing! He's currently working on my banded woodie and the turn around time is expected to be 2 weeks! Can't wait to see it.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Mac's Taxidermy in Fort Loudon, PA has done most of my work. Here are a few examples of what he has done for me.
The first is of my British Columbia grizzly.

This one is of my tahr and fallow deer.

A pair of black bears.

Several African animals. Nyala, gemsbok, waterbuck, zebra, and black wildebeest.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts