The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's hear from everyone who will still be out looking for their bird this last week. I will be out there. I have Tuesday morning and a couple of evenings that I can go this week.
Finally got one for my dad last Saturday. Now I'm on my own with one week to go.
You never know what will happen and you can't get them from the couch. I have said it on here before. It impresses me as much the people who stick it out to the bitter end no matter what as much as it does the people who get birds. Good luck to all who are still after them!!!

·
Premium Member
24,077 Posts
I'll be out Wednesday and Thursday and might even hunt some evenings the rest of the time

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Day off...
I'm out here now.... Foggy and quiet so far

·
Registered
257 Posts
I will be after them this weekend start work this week should have told them I would start June 1st

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
In Potter 3A still chasing them.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'll be helping a friend a little bit and might slip out once or twice on my own to try and burn my second tag

·
Registered
69 Posts
Im tagged out but took a friend. Heard 3 birds, one was hammering. Had to bail for him to get to work with a strutter 100 yrds out in the field.

·
Registered
436 Posts
still need to fill my second tag, and as long as i have a tag, that means i'm trying to fill it. same with deer season, if i have a tag left, then im in the woods.

i hate it. its like being full, but there's that one last piece of pie left. most people can probably say "i'm good, i've had enough, i dont need another one." but oh no, not me. an unused tag is like a bowl of empty brass. i know its there...and it bothers me. some call it OCD, but i dont think so. Mossy Oak says 'its not a passion, its an obsession' but i think Moss has more accurate: its an addiction.

i'm an addict. my body hates what i do to it. there's no logical reason to do what i do. yet, tomorrow morning, at 3:30am, i'll be at it again...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have hunted 5 states and seen 14 birds hit the ground either at my hand or others. Am tagged out but will hunt with others the rest of the season. Guilty of being an accused addict.

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
I dunno what Im going to do. LOL ill be out every morning before work, and Saturday, and Monday. My job and kids, will most likely not allow me any time to hunt the evening. I may have to try and cash in some brownie points to try an evening. LOL Its rough out there. Should be an epic year next year.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Even though I haven't heard a gobble on the roost since the first saturday I'll be out there trying to fill my tag ! I work second shift so I can hunt every morning but I can tell you this its getting very frustrating !!

·
Super Moderator
13,775 Posts
I'm tagged out but I have a good friend looking to get out for his second bird the end of this week or on Monday so we will be after them.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I'm tagged out but have been hunting with friends and also just out scouting almost everyday before work. This is my absolute favorite thing in the world to do, and it's a long 11 months until I can do it again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have hunted every day but one so far this season and have only had 2 days when I heard a bird gobble in the woods. Yes the turkeys are in the woods where I'm hunting it's tore up like someone went thru with a rototiller but these birds just will not talk. The 2 that did talk I bad well within range for a kill but for one reason or another I could not see a long beard u til either to late or they were sta ding I. Line with each other before they stepped into the high huckleberry bushes. In 40 years of chasing these birds this has been by far the quietest turkey season on record for me. I will be out every day till the end of the season like said before you can't kill them from the couch. Good luck everyone!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Me, day 7 so far, just got back in to go to work. Heard one distant gobble to my yelps early on...then...silence! Going to try an evening or two. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
One or two more hunts for me. If I wasn't married with three children I would probably be out there every day until I filled by 2nd tag.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am tagged out but have 2 diffrent guys lined up to take on Saturday and then Monday. Really warm temperatures coming so I don't have much hope for the rest of the season but crazier things have happened! I live for Spring turkey season hate to see it ending already feels like it just started!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts