The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that ordered your hunting license online, have you received your hard copy in the mail yet? This is my first time ordering my license online and I have not received mine yet. I placed the order when the licenses went on sale on June 20th. I was able to print out a portion of the license, but most of the license is to be sent in the mail.... Just wondering if anyone got theirs yet?

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
Still waiting too. IIRC same issue last year but they did show in time to mail in doe license.

I do have about a dozen pink envelopes that I've saved over the years, they don't change (haven't yet) so I am able to use online doe application in a pinch. FT

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Frey. I saved a bunch of the pink envelopes as well. Definitely don't want to miss mail-in day.... Just wanted some insight because this was my first time doing it on-line. Thanks again.

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Sent mine in on the 20th.....Still waiting too.....two years ago I sent for mine and waited over a month to get it....Swore I would never do it again......Well I did anyway !.......Shoulda just gone to Wal Mart !

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Since I've been getting them online, at least 6 years or so ?, they have never been delivered in a timely manner. I don't understand it. Has always taken 2 weeks or better. The first year, it was 15 days and I hadn't received it. Called PGC and they issued another. 3 days later, they BOTH came in, so I had 2 licenses.
Luckily, the tags I get are for 2A, so license timing is a non-issue in that respect.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I had the same concerns. I ordered my license and my wife's license on the 20th. Five days later my wife received her license package in the mail but I'm still waiting for mine.Both of our licenses show up on lines of I thought mine may have been lost in the mail.
I called the toll free number and the representative for the fulfillment agency was l ss than helpful to give a reasonable explaination. Her answer was we still have two more business days to meet the 7-10 day return time, which is July 5th. She offered to transfer me to the PGC licensing division, which she did.
The lady I spoke to at the PGC was great!
She said that you would logically think that two licenses purchased at the same time or with the same last name would get printed and sent out at the same time, but that's not what this company does. She said they print and send licenses by First name. My wife's begins with "D" and was printed on the 22nd and received on the 25th. My "R" license was printed on the 29th and should arrive in the next day or two.
She said that if the license doesn't arrive by the 5th, call her back and she would order a reprint.
If you're worried about the anterless application, you can pick up a pink envelope and summary book for a copy of the application.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I bought mine on-line at 5AM on June 20th,still waiting for it. The e-mail receipt says up to 10 business days,hopefully I will get it today or tomorrow. A few years ago,when they first started selling them on-line,I got mine in 3 days! I guess a lot more people are taking advantage of this option now.

Bob

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Pappybear I'm in the exact same boat. Wife's license 4 days ago, no sign of mine. They tell you when you signed in you'll get it in 7-10 days. 19 days later no license. Going on vacation with mail on hold starting today.
Can I send in a doe app using my CID and the form in the book?
God old PGC, their huge pensions are always on time but they could care less about the people who pay for them. I buy my WV and NC license and print them out immediately, with doe tags. meanwhile the PGC is spending OUR money paying out of state companies to print and send them out, LATE!
But we do get that fancy yellow thermal paper they print on, you know the stuff that fades after a few months.

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
That and the fact they print licenses for more states than Pa.
I placed my order at 12:02 AM on the 20th and didn't get mine yet but will call if there is nothing by the middle of next week.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I ordered mine on Monday at 12:01 am and haven't received mine. What the heck!! Just kidding. I'm not worried they will come when they come. If they don't come by next Friday I will use a old pink envelope and send in my doe tags. If they don't come by the end of July I'll probably call someone.

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
old greybeard said:
Can I send in a doe app using my CID and the form in the book?
yes, you don't need your license in hand to send in for your doe tag. As long as you paid and have your CID you can print out the application.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the replies. Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat. Hoping to get mine by tueday or wednesday as well.I typically go to walmart, but this year I said what the heck I'll give it a shot online.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Walmart employees had been a issue the last several years for us. So we went online. Knew we had to get in in the first day to be safe. Didn't work. And now I can't "legally" coyote hunt on vacation! Why don't they go on sale sooner? what possible difference could it make?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Graybeard, go to the PGC website click on purchase a license, put your identification info as if you were going to purchase additional tags and your new license should be visible. You can click on it to print a copy minus your tags.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Got all my licenses and tags in mail today! Good Lord it ain't gonna all fit in my wallet! 42 individual little yellow pages!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts