The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's planning on going out of state for any bird hunting? Where are you going, what will you be hunting and what dogs are you taking?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am planning on heading to Maine the first of october for a grouse/woodcock hunt, taking 2 of my 3 GSP's for a week long hunt.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pointer and my self along with a few others are going to Mich. UP. We will be hunting grouse and woodcock. And i have no idea how many dogs will make the trip but it will be all pointers and setters! I will take at least three pointers my self!!

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A buddy and I are going to ND for pheasant, huns and sharptails. Taking my setter and his Brittany.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A few friends and I will be heading to the U.P. of Michigan the first week of October for grouse and woodcock. Ill have six DD's with me,another will have a DD, one will have an English Setter and one will have a Red Setter.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm leaving mid Sept for Montana. I'll be there for a month or so hunting huns and sharptails. Pheasants open on the 12th and I may stay for a week or so hunting them, although running a pointing dog on them running SOB's has never been one of my favorite things to do. I love em', I just wish they were more well behaved. Taking an 11 year old GSP and a 3 year old setter.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Lynn,
I usually make a trip to NH & VT to Grouse hunt and dog train, the last trip cost me way to much money however, and I am still looking for an RV to add to our business, to cut the over head. I usually take 2 dogs of my own and train one or two clients dogs, over a 2-4 week period.
We will see what happens this year, if I come up with the RV one of my cleints wants to go along.
Pine Creek/Dave

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Lynnappelman said:
A buddy and I are going to ND for pheasant, huns and sharptails. Taking my setter and his Brittany.
Sharptails are on my bucket list to hunt. you have any extra room for me : ) sounds like a good trip lynn

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
U.P. from the middle of October till the end of October. As Don mentioned, he will have three dogs. I expect the total dog count will be about 17 total. I will have 9 in the truck and trailer. Depending on client dogs in the mix I expect the breakdown to be 3 Setters and 14 Pointers.

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
In the Dakota's - Sharptail, Prairie Chickens and Huns. Last week of September.

2 setters

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
The new RV is waiting to hit the road and begin her hunting adventures. We'll be in northern Michigan for a month starting around September 15th. I have plans to take her to Arizona for this winter. If that works out I'll be chasing desert quail all of January. Just my two eager brits for dogs.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts