The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saved a whole hindquarter from a doe I shot last week to cook up for the ohio state tailgate this weekend. I have some different ideas floating around in my head, but I think I'm going to inject it with some sort of fatty marinade and grill it low and slow, basting it with bbq sauce the whole time. Roasting it in the oven with apple cider to keep it moist is my other idea. Anyone ever done this sort of endeavor before?

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I take a dry rub and put it on and let marinate for at least 24 hours.

Paprika
Garlic Salt
Brown sugar
Pepper
Seasoned Salt

Put it on all over the place stuff it in every crevise. Than wrap in saran wrap really tight. Put in fridge for at least 24 hours. Get it out of fridge and shoot it up with some jalapeno garlic marinade. Put bacon on top and grill low and slow till done.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
look at the post labeled venison its whats for dinner. we did what he did at camp and it was the best piece of speed beef I have ever ate. the roast I used was a hindquarter out of a deer also.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
gram spanier said:
I saved a whole hindquarter from a doe I shot last week to cook up for the ohio state tailgate this weekend. I have some different ideas floating around in my head, but I think I'm going to inject it with some sort of fatty marinade and grill it low and slow, basting it with bbq sauce the whole time. Roasting it in the oven with apple cider to keep it moist is my other idea. Anyone ever done this sort of endeavor before?
We'll be in the orange parking, where will you be? Nevermind, I'll just follow my nose!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts