The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a wierd thought, but then, that seems to be the kind of thoughts I have lately. What I was thinking was who are some posters on huntingpa that I would like to share a hunt/camp with sometime. It isn't based upon who agrees with me 100% of the time, but upon who might be interesting to be around. So what the heck. Here is a short list. For purposes of brevity, let's limit it to ten or so, but my list would be a whole lot longer than ten. Don't include anyone you have already hunted with, just guys you would like to sometime.
Peppy
Hap
DennyF
Gal that Fishes
RSB (if he could get some time to actually go hunting)
Big Ken
RoosterBooster
Firehunt44
TedC54
JohnHenry

·
Registered
410 Posts
octagon
bob1961
diablo666
Berkscoflinter
loggy
muttleysgone
hap
SpiritNugent
BigKen
dpms

This is Ten but there are alot more on here.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is Ten but there are alot more on here.
Oh, you are so right about that, billybob.
I could have listed a hundred or so.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Anyone who stands at the base of a steep mountain with a sense of anticipation and adventure and not dread. We have found that to be a good measure of a hunter.
Also, if you park your ATV within 10 feet of your treestand, and your treestand has a heater, don't call me.
Basically, I will hunt with anyone who likes challenge and adventure.

·
Registered
4,403 Posts
There are many on here I would love to share a patch of woods or stream with.... Just to not offend or miss anyone ;), I will just say there are more that I WOULD like to hunt with, then would NOT.

I am looking forward to the day my 2yr old son Quinn is old enough to go with his Pop Pop and myself. That is what I am looking forward to!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Sorry, eyefromthesky, I found humor in the "a few I would not want to hunt with". My dyslexia kicking in since I read your post wrong!

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
No problem. Maybe I left it too open to interpretation. LOL I probably should have said there are more that I would hunt with than I wouldn't hunt with.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I would like to hunt with most of the folks on here.
It would be cool for each section of the state..maybe by wmu. That the members here could have an annual get together. Then it wouldn't be far to travel. If you could go to others farther away great. It would be away to meet members in your area at least.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
I'd hunt and share a campfire with 99% on here...

I think this is tough to limit and point out all but a few, with over 18,000 members, it makes it nearly impossible.

I do know one thing though... there are too many on here to count that have the same enthusiasm and feeling towards the woods itself as I do... so many that know how to be successful without killing, ones that love the little things about the hunt, and appreciate any minute they are out there.

I would say that almost everyone on this site, is on this site because they have that same emotion about the woods... they know how to watch it come alive...

And I would share a hunt with any one of you.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Its real hard to point out a few because there are some real good guys on here,I am hooking up with pumpgun this summer sometime he is going to fish the river at our neck of the woods and he is parking at my place to take out spot I never saw him before all we know of eachother is from HPA so thats how it can work sometime

·
Registered
20,191 Posts
I would have to agree with most of the posts already listed. It’s hard too think of 10 people immediately on here that I would not want to hunt with or have a drink.
The real quiz would be who I would hunt with a second time

·
Super Moderator
29,561 Posts
I tried to think of 10, but there are many more than that here that I wouldn't mind sharing a hunt with. So I would rather not list any, than try to limit it to 10.

Birch's comment on the real question being who would you hunt with a second time reminded me of when I was in the Air Force. I was stationed at Griffis AFB in upstate NY, and like anywhere I've been, I got involved with hunting there. I had a couple of neighbors and people I worked with that asked if I would take them hunting. They all claimed they were hunters, but I had my doubts on some of them. Long story short, NONE of them were ever afforded a second opportunity.
I don't think that would be the case with most folks here on HPA, but sometimes you just don't know until your out there with them.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Forget the 10 person limit it would be the same with you guys and a few gals on here as it has been for me in real life...if you share the same passion for the wilderness,not so much the kill as the passion,that I do especially deer hunting I would gladly invite you too share a hunt with me..

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
SpiritNugent said:
I'd hunt and share a campfire with 99% on here...

I think this is tough to limit and point out all but a few, with over 18,000 members, it makes it nearly impossible.

I do know one thing though... there are too many on here to count that have the same enthusiasm and feeling towards the woods itself as I do... so many that know how to be successful without killing, ones that love the little things about the hunt, and appreciate any minute they are out there.

I would say that almost everyone on this site, is on this site because they have that same emotion about the woods... they know how to watch it come alive...

And I would share a hunt with any one of you.
i was trying to piece together something to say....but i think spirit said it in a nut shell

billybob ya had me on yer list, why thx
........bob

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Billy Bob, you're on my list my man... you got a seat by the campfire before and after the hunt any day of the week!

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some really good responses here, guys. The thread opened my eyes. I had originally intended it to be a tough question, since there are so many who post here who would be fun to share a campfire with, but you got to the crux of it right away. It really is hard to limit it to ten, so let's not.

This coming summer, huntingpa is holding the 10th year gathering, described on other threads. Let's make an effort to have that get together and put faces on screen names. Maybe a few hunts will get organized. Maybe some new life-long friends will be found (however long "life-long" is). Maybe some memories will be made. That is what hunting with friends is all about. We can put aside our differences in weapons, religion, politics, or whatever, and we can share stories and experiences.

Vaya con Dios.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts