The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An all Pennsylvania Super Bowl??? The Steelers versus the Eagles. There aren't many seasons that go by and this is even possible. But they are both playing pretty good football this year. Honestly, with New England in the mix, I like the Eagles' chance of making it more than the Steelers. Pit just cannot get by New England as long as Bill and Marsha are there. It will be interesting to see how Philly does at Seattle this week.
So how about it? Anyone up for a Pit-Phi Super Bowl? Lot's of football to be played between now and then and anything can happen, but I bet this forum would get pretty lively if this would happen.

·
Registered
39,683 Posts
Eagles vs Steelers Super Bowl......:thumbs:

I'd bet the PA bar owners would love it too.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Obviously I want the Steelers to get to the SB, but I can’t see them getting there unless another team beats the Patriots. I don’t want to see the Eagles in the SB against the Steelers because I’m positive the Eagles would win.

If the Eagles face the Patriots or the Ravens in the SB, I would then cheer for the Eagles.

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
NO ! As a Steeler fan, that scares the crap outta me. Our boyz can EASILY be 6-6 the way they play this year. Philly looks like the much better team, and unless something in the next 4 games makes me think otherwise.... NO !

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steelers and Eagles both get big wins today. Could we be one step closer??? Next week will be the tale of the tape for Pit. Anyone hear what the status of Wentz is???

·
Registered
39,683 Posts
Out for the season. The Eagles are gonna bring out their secret weapon.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, that stinks. They have a pretty good team, but I don't know if Foles will be good enough. Wentz was going to be right in the mix for MVP.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Fork meet Philthy... Done they are. I got 2 favorite teams, the Steelers and anyone playing Philthy.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's hard not to like Wentz. He is good and I don't like to see anyone get hurt. If my team was going to win there SB, I would want them to play other teams at their best, not with a backup QB. That way there are no excuses.
I hear a lot of Steeler fans say they hope Tom Brady gets hurt so the Steelers can beat NE. Not me. I hate Brady, but don't want him to get hurt. Until the Steelers beat New England with Tom Brady in the game, there will always be the excuse that they would never have won the SB if Brady had been in there. If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best.
I would LOVE for Brady to walk off the field just one time having lost to the Steelers and would love it even more if that happened at New England. Same with Wentz. I just would have loved to see what the Eagles would have done through the playoffs with Wentz in there. I thi8nk they would have made it pretty far, and still may.
And if the Steelers ever DID play the Eagles in the SB, I would want Wentz in there too.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
It's hard not to like Wentz. He is good and I don't like to see anyone get hurt. If my team was going to win there SB, I would want them to play other teams at their best, not with a backup QB. That way there are no excuses.
I hear a lot of Steeler fans say they hope Tom Brady gets hurt so the Steelers can beat NE. Not me. I hate Brady, but don't want him to get hurt. Until the Steelers beat New England with Tom Brady in the game, there will always be the excuse that they would never have won the SB if Brady had been in there. If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best.
I would LOVE for Brady to walk off the field just one time having lost to the Steelers and would love it even more if that happened at New England. Same with Wentz. I just would have loved to see what the Eagles would have done through the playoffs with Wentz in there. I thi8nk they would have made it pretty far, and still may.
And if the Steelers ever DID play the Eagles in the SB, I would want Wentz in there too.
Some people get way too intense about sports. It’s reprehensible to hope for injuries so your team can win.

I will be cheering for anyone playing against the Patriots, but I don’t wish for anyone to get hurt.

·
Registered
20,482 Posts
The season they were having, it's kinda sad if Wentz cant play anymore this year.

·
Registered
39,683 Posts
Fork meet Philthy... Done they are. I got 2 favorite teams, the Steelers and anyone playing Philthy.

Aw, it's a shame you don't have a pro football team in your town. Maybe some day. :lol:

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Agree 100%

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Aw, it's a shame you don't have a pro football team in your town. Maybe some day. :lol:

That my son is called Lombardi envy. :rotfl:

Where you live they actually think a Lombardi is a sandwich, because they have never seen one except on TV.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I don’t think either PA team is going to get to the Super Bowl. I can’t see the Eagles getting there without Wentz, and the Steelers’ defense will keep them from getting there.

·
Registered
39,683 Posts
That my son is called Lombardi envy. :rotfl:

Where you live they actually think a Lombardi is a sandwich, because they have never seen one except on TV.

Envy? Really? Of what? Your Lombardi trophys? How many Lombardi trophys have you won? Unless you played pro football or own a pro football team, I'd say the answer is none. However, if you think you've won a Lombardi trophy, there is help for that. :lol:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Envy? Really? Of what? Your Lombardi trophys? How many Lombardi trophys have you won? Unless you played pro football or own a pro football team, I'd say the answer is none. However, if you think you've won a Lombardi trophy, there is help for that. :lol:

Classic. Classic denial and deflection of the fact the Eagles have never won a Lombardi. 0-2 in Super Bowls and counting. You do know what Eagles stands for right?

E-agles
A-re
G-onna
L-oose
E-very
S-eason

1 - 20 of 22 Posts