The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order of confidence of my picks, I am calling the Saints, Steelers, Giants and Texans.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm picking this weekends winners as the Broncos, Bengals, Saints and Giants.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Phase47 said:
Colts already won.....
It would seem but if they keep Manning (And you just can't cut Peyton Manning) They'll owe him 28 mil. Luck is probably at least a 15 mil contract. They won't be able to address the problems they have on defense and pay both of them.

Oh, and Steelers, Texans, Giants and Saints.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
My point is if he plays, they'll owe him 28 mil. The draft is in 3 months. Manning won't know if he'll be able to play until he starts getting into heavier workouts shortly before the season. So, if you draft Luck and Peyton end up not being able to play, they'll be fine. They can adress some issues through free agency. But, if Manning does play, they're going to be in a bit of a pickle money wise and they won't be able to address other areas that they need help in. But, how do you not draft Luck if you have the chance? Its one of them there conundrums.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Steelers, Saints, Texans, Falcons

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Peyton will be fine for next season is my opinion. The colts would be wise to draft luck and let him tutor under the best qb ever. Although in this league, a 'sure thing' for success for a qb out of college is basically none existant.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Do you really think they can fix all their problems by NOT drafting Luck? Admittedly, it would be an expensive proposition to pay Luck the big bank he'll get and keep him on the sidelines for the remaining years of Mannings career. But, I cant see them fixing their problems in one year either way.

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
Dan Castle said:
Peyton will be fine for next season is my opinion. The colts would be wise to draft luck and let him tutor under the best qb ever. Although in this league, a 'sure thing' for success for a qb out of college is basically none existant.
I'd agree with that if Manning had a year or two left in his career. But he might be around for five or more years! Luck is gonna get fat cash no matter who drafts him. Could the Colts afford to commit that kind of scratch to a backup QB, for that long, given their other shortcomings?

·
Registered
20,672 Posts
To the OP: The Saints are the only team I'm comfortable picking for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts