The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the guys from Pa that I go out west hunting elk with the last 20 years or so are doing rifle hunts this year. I still want to go on my annual DIY archery elk hunt so I'm looking for someone to drive out with me to Colorado.

I'll be leaving on Friday September 7th after work and want to be back home on Saturday Sept 22th giving me/us a day of rest before work on Monday. This will be about 14/15 days. This hunt will be the last 2 week of the Colorado elk season.

I have friends from Colorado that I will be meeting out there. This is a DIY hunt and we will be backpack in. So you'll have to be in shape or get in shape.

If your interested and/or have any questions email me at

[email protected] Put "Elk Hunt" in the subject line. Thanks Ed

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Too short of notice, next year I wouldve considered it

·
Registered
594 Posts
Scrub:

Good luck man. As you know, that is a premium tag and 18 years is a long time to wait! If you get one of the bulls 61 is known for, you might have to change your user name.

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Scrub Hunter said:
I'll be bow hunting unit 61 in Co. this fall the last 3 weeks. Burnt my 18 pp. for this hunt. Good luck on your hunt.
I will be hutning 62 this year around divide road. I wondered how many points it took my buddy didnt draw with 11 pp now i know why. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I would consider it next year as well. Lets see how many guys we can get to go!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Scott a little early for me to set up a hunt for next year.
Nothing is stopping you from starting to planing you own hunt for next fall!!

U guys hunting 61 good luck their this fall. Love to hear how it goes. You guy should try to do a post each night to let us know how it's going.

I got 13 points for co. I don't know if I'll ever have enough points for 61..:(

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I already have my plan in for next year.Either jumping in with some guys with points in Wy. or hitting Mt. again.Figure one of these years we could hook up and go hunt.I hope you find someone for this season.These guys don't know what their missing.Archery elk hunting is incredible and addicting.If I had to choose,I'd give up my whole deer season just for a week or 2 in the elk woods

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
thats great I'm glad you guys will be going out,and Teeton is a good choice for a partner
Good Luck!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts