The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another tradition at camp. Dad and a volunteer always put the lights up on Friday before Buck Season. Even have a little Charlie Brown tree for the inside. It puts a smile on his face and it looks nice too. At 81 whatever make him happy makes me happy too

·
Registered
50 Posts
No lights on the outside, but my dad would always put up a 3ft tall tree with a few lights on it, and ornaments made from hunting related items, shotgun hulls, polished empty brass, antler tips, and the such. He hasn't been with for some time now so we keep the tree up all the time now, and just spruce it now and then.

Chuck

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
We started a few years ago. My brothers and I were missing that Christmas feeling so we went out and cut down a Charlie Brown tree and brought it into camp. Obviously we didn't bring any decorations so we made do with beer cans, slim jims and topped it off with a bottle of spiced rum. To this day we still do it each year.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
We always put huge displays at camp and at home.

This one took me hours to get just right

·
Registered
399 Posts
If it wasn't for a string of white Xmas lights, I would have no outside lighting at camp. They are up all year round. Amazing how much the light up the valley on those dark Potter County nights.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
TATERDAVID said:

My guess is by springtime a squirrel will have a nest smack in the middle of those lights...

Reminds me of national lampoons christmas vacation

·
Registered
292 Posts
TATERDAVID said:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
We don't put lights up outside the camp, but we do have a Xmas Tree inside. We exchange presents on Sunday Night before opening day of deer season. Names are picked from a hat on our October work detail. Been doing this for at least 15 years.

·
Premium Member
23,866 Posts
Who puts Christmas lights up at camp

Only on the outhouse!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I know I sound like Scrooge, but I can't stand holiday decorations - especially lights! I refuse to help put them up - and I won't help take them down either...and my wife has the house decorated like Macy's every year. All I do is grumble about it! And I'm sure as heck not putting any holiday decorations or light up at camp!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Geeze Karl- you do sound like a Scrooge or at least a Grinch!
LOL.....

That being said....I put up one single strand of lights. It is in honor of my next door neighbor who passed several years back. He always put up one string so make his wife happy. S I carry on the tradition.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Well ,you guys are not thinking outside the box. i don't care for some of the traditional trappings of the holiday so this idea for lights at camp suit me fine

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
pappy53 said:
Another tradition at camp. Dad and a volunteer always put the lights up on Friday before Buck Season. Even have a little Charlie Brown tree for the inside. It puts a smile on his face and it looks nice too. At 81 whatever make him happy makes me happy too
That is one of the things that camp is all about...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts