The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
30,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who needs coffee to get the heart pumping in the morning, when all you really need is to have a deer walk directly under your stand about 5 minutes after getting settled in.

Thats what happened to me this AM. Got situated in the stand about an hour before sunrise, and was wishing I had a second cup of coffee. No sooner did I get set for the wait to daylight, when I heard that familiar gait headed towards me. A lone deer walked right under me, went behind me for a bit, then fed its way back beneath me. When it came back the second time it was actually legal shooting hours, but in the low light I couldn't even determine if it was a doe, let alone try to shoot. Didn't matter though, got my heart all pumped up for the rest of the morning hunt

Didn't think about that coffee anymore.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Early season it's always nice to have a deer come in and jolt your blood pressure up.......but I like the last week of October and start of November when the chase phase starts and it's like I have a coffee drip IV in all day......still like my AM coffee though. Good luck this season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts