The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just booked a flight to Texas for a hunt in November. We'll be hunting whitetails, axis deer, and wild pigs. I've always wanted to shoot a pig with a handgun, so I hope to take a handgun.

Any of you know the regulations in Texas? It seems hard to do a productive Internet search. (Maybe that's because there aren't any restrictions on what guns you can use.)

Also, does anyone have any experience hunting Texas that you'd like to pass along?

Thanks.

Steve.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I live in the San Antonio Area moved down from the Bulter area for work about 9 years ago. Still come back to PA to hunt. Hunting here is more of a busniess then sport. What would you like to know.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Win Mag 300 said:
I live in the San Antonio Area moved down from the Bulter area for work about 9 years ago. Still come back to PA to hunt. Hunting here is more of a busniess then sport. What would you like to know.
Congrats on your first post!

For starters, are semi-auto handguns legal for hunting in Texas?

Steve.

·
Registered
145 Posts
No, I had the same question when I moved here. I don't see why if a Semi -auto rifle is, but it is one of those odd laws. Like a purple mark on a fence post means on trespassing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts