The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
already filled my buck tag but ill still be out trying to fill a doe tag. and yes i agree there are plenty of bucks still out there.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I will be trying to get video of my cousin busting one. and I will be droping a doe or two with the shotgun.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have been checking my cameras ... got some monsters on there! bigger than during the rut! daytime pictures too! gotta eat or die! he he he!!!! tick tock tick tock!

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Yep I'm almost ready. I just got a hot tip on a nice 8 pointer crossing a road at 7:30 am the other day from my uncle. I'm goin to check out the area Wed. and try to set up on him if the wind is right Sat. morning.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
I am pumped to get out there when I get home. I have been waiting and watching all of you guys post your harvest pictures and now I can finally be home to give it a go after mine. I have decided that I am going to purchase an Excalibur crossbow with all of the fixings as soon as I get back. Let me know if you guys see any deals out there on these. Good luck to all!!

·
Registered
18,719 Posts
Good luck. I have been seeing a ton of deer around here. Up on the feet feeding during all hours of the day.

Snow cover is a rarity in SW Pa. for any length of time and I sure hope what we have now stays for a bit. Looks like rain here for xmas so our coating could be gone for the opener.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Taking my 8 year old son out for his first deer hunt on Monday 28th Dec. Borrowed a Horton 150 Explorer from someone to see how he likes it before jumping into another premature purchase....anyone want to buy some hockey gear ;-). Going to hunt from a ground blind on the Gamelands up near Perkasie, PA. I saw a nice 6 point from my treestand a few weeks ago. I would love it if we at least see deer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts