The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone I know is not going out on Saturday just out of spite. My best friend, my neighbor, my cousin and uncle, according to my neighbor they all convinced the camps in there area out by raystown lake not to hunt either. Just kind of puzzled by all this. Not a single person I k ow personally that hunts is hunting on Saturday. Not because not having time just purely out of spite. Personally I have to work Saturday so this will be the first rifle opener I have missed in over 20 years. My wife is heading to camp solo with my son tomorrow to hunt Saturday. I’ll be coming up Saturday after work and hunt Monday and Tuesday. Just curious if this is a common theme or not with people “taking a stand” btw happy thanksgiving everyone!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
We are not hunting on Saturday but its not a spite thing. We want to keep our Tradition alive. Some of the guys cant get up until Saturday afternoon and due to allot of things that need to get done we will keep Monday our opener. The farmer where we have hunted for years does not want any hunting until Monday. We also talked about the possibility of doing away with the AR next year but we will keep that also. This will be our 41st year here we know how well the AR worked here . I saw a legitimate12 point the other day while bear hunting. Believe me that was almost unheard of when we first started hunting here

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Amazing how some think. Lol in spite of who? If they all bought a license the pgc could care less if you go out hunting or not. If you’re a hunter and enjoy hunting and you’re off work and it’s the day. Why would you care what day it is ? lol. I’m hunting in spite of it being Saturday!

·
Super Moderator
4,786 Posts
All the people I know that didn't tag a buck in archery will be out on saturday.They all seem to be just as excited as if it were monday.Some are more excited because they get saturdays off and can't get monday.We will see how it plays out.I know my 243,270,25-06 and 30-06 are good to go.Hope the lake isn't frozen and the fishing is good.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Cry baby

Cry babies go hunt while still can. I will be glade when we all here can go on the 3 sundays next season.

Pa hunters cry and whine about everything. If it doesn't fit his or her agenda they pee and moan about it. There will still be crying out there because the three Sundays the GC picks doesnt fit in with their style of hunting. What the heck do people want? I have seen more opportunities for hunters than ever before in Pa and there is still whiners out there. We always ran our hounds on Sundays on coyotes out of respect for other hunters in the woods. Now with Sunday hunting passed, I can see us running any day of the week now. Wah! Wah!😥

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Not hunting out of spite?? That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard of. But heck, their loss. I will be out enjoying another great PA opener!
Completely agree. What a joke.

I feel bad for the guys that it hurts and feel good for those it helps. I’m not a fan of the change but my buddies son can come to camp and hunt this year. He will have to leave Sunday to get back to college for Monday classes.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I live and hunt in the Raystown Lake region. Most people I know, myself included, will be out hunting Saturday. I have not heard of any agreement among camps in the area to not hunt opening Saturday and I know many who will be out in that area.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts