The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching the other post on "Guns" and thought this might be interesting take.

I have been getting calls from individuals wanting to know where to buy a gun. I would class most of the people who called as politically moderate and now wanted a gun to protect themselves. That changed last night.

I have a good friend who is constantly having debates with his anti-gun neighbors and his Trump hating anti-gun sister. He entertains me with the stories about their discussions. It had been a long time since we sat down and talked because of the virus quarantine. We met last night and he blew my mind.

His anti-gun, Trump hating sister now has a 38 revolver and is voting for Trump. From past stories all I can say is this is earth shattering news.

He also told me an older anti-gun female neighbor now has a Glock.

But the big one! He has a married couple living a few doors down. The husband is liberal but not necessarily anti-gun. The wife is liberal and was “big time” anti-gun.

Recently the husband called my friend and asked him to show him how to maintain an AR. My friend was surprised that the neighbor got an AR into the house considering the wife's anti-gun stance. He brought it over and my friend showed him around the gun.

A few days later the wife called and asked my friend to show her how to use her AR. My friend was shocked. She not only bought an AR for herself but also bought 500 rounds of ammo.(BTW they will both get some range time when things open up.)

Something is happening out there.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
People are scared. With all this nonsense about defunding the police, all the crap going on with the lawlessness and anarchy in the streets, they are looking for ways to protect themselves if the worst happens.
And rightly so.....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
They better be scared. When you talk about doing away with the police then this puts the fear in people. Those anti gun people are seeing what the left is really like. Dont dial 911 just call Mr. Smith and his friend Mr. Wesson. They will never let you down.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m waiting for the Firearms roundups after this all settles down. They tried that sheet during hurricane katrina and got away with it. My gut feeling is it’s going to happen. Especially with all the nonsense going on everywhere.

gawd help us all if this happens.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I’m waiting for the Firearms roundups after this all settles down. They tried that sheet during hurricane katrina and got away with it. My gut feeling is it’s going to happen. Especially with all the nonsense going on everywhere.

gawd help us all if this happens.
Not gonna happen.

It's one thing in a sparsely populated area following a natural disaster, but there's no way it's happening in a populated area during or after a period of unrest.
No department has the manpower, let alone the will and resolve, to carry out such an undertaking.

A whole lot of people are already on the razor's edge right now, after months of lockdowns, distancing, economic uncertainty or ruin, and now civil strife.
Attempting a "confiscation" will push many over the edge, and would result in bodies being stacked faster than what they said would happen with the Kung Flu.

All that said, the more I reflect on it, part of me wouldn't be surprised if one of the truly whacked-out D Governor's gives it a go in a last-ditch effort to keep the unrest rolling into November....

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
If they try to round up the guns this time , they might be in for a revolution like they never saw before. With all this riots and racial tensions it might come to that . I pray that it don`t happen, but I think it`s near the breaking point. So everyone on here be safe and pray for the country.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have a handful of friends who have never owned guns that now own guns. My next door neighbor now has a pistol, a shotgun, and as of last night an AR. I take him to the range often and he is really learning about shooting, guns, and safety in general. I like what I see!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
My wife talked about it for years. About a week ago she came home from BPS with an LCP II in 380. Then she went back and picked up two, 250 rd. boxes of ammo, gave me one for father's day. She said gun cases are really picked over.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think the Senators and other politicians that want to pass anti gun laws should have to give up their armed security,, just so they get a good feeling for how it feels to be without protection for your self and family. That might be a good law to get passed, eh. Anti gun politician, no armed security for you or your family.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts