The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use English flints (wish there was a local out crop 2 chip my own), who has the best ? I got rid of the "cut rock". Small siler lock. What flint do you use & where do you get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I use Tom Fuller knapped English flints that I order from Track of the Wolf, at $2.00 each or $19.99 a dozen.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
TOTW or Log Cabin. I can also buy them locally now. where are you located?
Were you thinking of Jim Morrison up in Titusville? He always seems to have them. If there is another local place Id like to know about it.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I use Tom Fuller knapped English flints that I order from Track of the Wolf, at $2.00 each or $19.99 a dozen.
+1 to Tom Fuller flints from TOTW. They are very good quality flints. I usually order two or three when I am placing another order with them. I will also buy some when I go to Dixon's gun maker's fair. Somebody is always selling English flints there, usually for a fair price.

For a small Siler lock, the 3/4 X 3/4 size will probably work the best. I have a large Siler on my Lancaster and it uses 3/4 X 7/8 flints. My L&R on my smoothbore also uses 3/4 X 7/8 flints.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts