The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading through some of my old posts i realized that on jan 1st of this year i made it my new years resolution to get my first black bear this year. As i turned out, i did just that. I still didnt learn to keep my trail cam pics to myself though, lol. Just curious to see if others wanted to reflect back and see if they followed through with their resolutions as well. On a side note, i bumped the origional post so guys could see what they wrote almost a year ago.

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
I did pretty well on mine. Mine was to take more pictures and improve the quality which I did. I still probably have some improvement there. I also wanted to lose weight and I dropped about 55 pounds. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that post.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
My resolution is the same every year and I have fulfilled every year.
Resolution is to make no resolutions.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
cspot said:
I did pretty well on mine. Mine was to take more pictures and improve the quality which I did. I still probably have some improvement there. I also wanted to lose weight and I dropped about 55 pounds. Thanks for reminding me. I forgot about that post.
Good job cspot, i dropped 35 myself. It really makes getting up and down the mountains alot easier, doesn't it?

·
Registered
12,376 Posts
308 ruger said:
cspot said:
Good job cspot, i dropped 35 myself. It really makes getting up and down the mountains alot easier, doesn't it?
Yes it does. I also have more energy and feel like doing more things. Not going to let myself get in that shape again. The downside is I have been freezing to death without that extra insulation.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
My goal is to shoot a gobbler this spring with the bow before heading to New Brusnwick for a spring black bear bowhunt. Then, (and Im being dead serious) I would like to look into a shark bowfishing adventure.

Im gonna start bowfishing the spring, then research and look for places that offer shark bowfishing oppertunities. Not a goal for 2012, but a goal nonetheless.

Those were my goals for 2012..What actually happened since I posted that is this;

I harvested 2 gobblers with the shotgun this past spring, harvested my bear with the bow and went stingray bowfishing and harvested 2. Had I seen a shark I would have shot it. I got a friend introduced into archery and he shot his first deer with a bow this past fall (doe). I also dropped 44# and purchased my first bowfishing rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts