The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a 3 year standing tradition me the wife and kids will head up to camp Friday and head over to benezette Saturday morning to see the sights and hope that one of our names get drawn. It’s always a fun day for the family. Lots to look at and some good food to boot. Anyone else heading up this coming weekend?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
You guys are lucky, i try to go to the elk expo every year but kids sports get in the way. Hope one of you get drawn and i am hoping for myself as well.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I'm thinking about riding over,. Never did go before. What time is the drawing?

·
Super Moderator
13,804 Posts
I'll be there working the Pheasants Forever trailer on Sunday. I can't make it on Saturday due to the Pheasants Forever State Meeting in State College on Friday and Saturday.

Other Chapter members will be working the Pheasants Forever trailer at the Elk Expo on Saturday though. Stop in and get some tickets that support our Youth and Vets hunts.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Registered
375 Posts
How crazy is it there on Saturday, do they have to bus people in for parking? What time does the drawing take place? Thinking of taking a road trip there on Saturday.

Jay

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
They stopped live streaming a couple of years ago. Normally guys that are going will post winners on here or Elk County Outfitters facebook page usually has the winners.

Thanks for the info. This year is the 1st that I have put in for an elk tag, my chances are slim-to-none but I think it would be neat to follow along with the drawing results.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Thanks for the info. This year is the 1st that I have put in for an elk tag, my chances are slim-to-none but I think it would be neat to follow along with the drawing results.
I wish they would live stream it again. Every year some first time hunters that applied for the first time gets drawn. If you applied there is always a chance. Good luck

·
Super Moderator
13,804 Posts
How crazy is it there on Saturday, do they have to bus people in for parking? What time does the drawing take place? Thinking of taking a road trip there on Saturday.

Jay
It is pretty well packed with people coming and going but well worth the experience.

Yes they bus the people in and out. You will have to park at one of the spots designated as an Elk Expo/Visitor's center parking area then get on a bus that will drop you off at the Visitor's Center.

The elk license drawing is scheduled to begin at 1:00 PM.

Dick Bodenhorn

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I believe they stopped streaming the drawing because of idiots on social media who don't like hunting and successful hunters being harassed.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Woods Walker...I believe you are spot on about those social media idiots. I heard about that the past 2 years over there at the drawing. I am planning on being there for the drawing with 15 points and if I get picked no liberal tree hugger will have to get my name from a list... They will hear me scream!

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Woods Walker...I believe you are spot on about those social media idiots. I heard about that the past 2 years over there at the drawing. I am planning on being there for the drawing with 15 points and if I get picked no liberal tree hugger will have to get my name from a list... They will hear me scream!
Its not just the tree huggers. You will hear and see most complaints on how its rigged for folks that live in elk country on how many will get drawn from the area.

·
Premium Member
24,273 Posts
Will this be live streamed? Wondering how those who arent going to be there in person can view?
I know since live streaming was discontinued ...the PGC posted youtube video clips of drawing shortly after drawing.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Just got home lastnight from a long weekend in Benezett. Here’s a few pics to get you fired up for the weekend festivities.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
How is the drawing actually conducted? Are the winners names manually picked (as a piece of paper drawn from a container ) or are the winner’s names computer generated from a data base?

·
Registered
474 Posts
It is all computer generated. The keca tag I believe will still be paper tickets in a drum but I could be mistaken.
I'll be there. Sure is fun being there and seeing a few lucky people in the crowd get there name drawn.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts