The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were sold out but 3 guys backed out. He called us to let us know a week ago to see if we had anyone who wanted to book and go with us. Too short notice for my Potter County friends, $1800 might as well be $10,000 it seems.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Looks like he's getting some quality bucks on his properties. Not a bad deal either!!

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
feedin em like cattle - might as well go to Texas and hunt on a "sondero"...

Nice bucks, good luck.

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
The deer out there don't need much help when it comes to nutrition really, but those feeders help with pics and keeping them on your property I suppose.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He just got that feeder last year. Think he only has the 1 and moves it from property to property to get pics. Baiting is legal in Ohio but nobody hunts over bait during the rut. His foodplots bring more deer but the feeders get the good pics. Fairly certain I would rather shoot a Midwest 200+lb deer than a 7 year old ranch raised texas 10 pt that weights 107lbs soaking wet.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Getting closer! I think about this hunt every day. He's got a few buck pics of kills posted this year but he's behind on posting those pics as well. The trailcam photo's are all I need to be excited.

·
Registered
7,690 Posts
Dang...looks like he raised his 2011 fees $1000 more!

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He moved them back up to the normal cost. This year only was $1,000 off and he added 2 extra people to camp per week. Its the only reason I am going, wouldn't pay that extra grand unless it was Kansas or Iowa.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was thinking seriously of booking with Him for 2011 , but not anymore , I will go to Iowa or Kansas although I will have to apply for points nor maybe get lucky and draw

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beer - I am a hunter not the outfitter. His prices are normally $2800 for a rut hunt and 6 guys in camp. This year was $1800 and 8 guys in camp for 1 year only. Back down to 6 next year and possibly 4 in the future.

There is so many deer there it can't really be explained, something you'd have to see for yourself. I'd go back.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, embarrassing as it is I shot a 2.5 year old 11pt on my 1st day there. Heck, my 1st morning there. Played the moment back in my head a million times and cannot figure out what the heck I was thinking. He's a heck of a deer for PA, but a baby in Ohio. Lesson learned I guess. Hopefully I can save up money, go back again and redeem myself. If I dont get black listed for shooting 2.5 year olds.

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Per person, imagine they would be booked for this year already. Not sure what that cost is for next year but I'm sure its more.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts