The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio - Price Drop by $1000

18K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  dce 
#1 ·
2010 prices dropped by $1000.00 per week. I'm booked for 1st week in November. Just thought people would be interested as its now much more affordable.

#4 ·
huntin-nut said:
That is huge for the industry. What is behind it? Obviously not booking hunters so you have to ask why? Economy or his operation?
Not sure what the situation is with this outfitter. I can say that our bookings are up over this time last year. In the past few days I have talked to five of the outfitters we book for and all of them are ahead of last year's numbers for bookings.

#5 ·
Hi everyone. The reason for the price drop is because he added 2 more hunters per week from 6 to 8. My #1 hunting partner goes every year and loves this outfitter. That was all the review I needed. He pays the $2800 every year so for $1800 its an awesome deal. We are told this is a 1 year deal only due to the economy and that in 2011 it will be back up to the normal pricing and 6 hunters in camp.

A story - This year my friend actually hunted 2 days, saw over 40 buck, 2 he guesses over 150 and got a shot at 1 but hit a limb. He then came down with swine flu and could not hunt the rest of his week. The outfitter, called him to make sure he made it home ok and then invited him out for a week of late season hunting free, to make up for the 3 days he missed due to sickness. Ohio late season over bait or food sources is very high odds. That is pretty darn good business if you ask me. I can't wait to go for my first time.

#8 ·
Tom - I have never been to Ohio. His website is not updated, the dates are certainly not 100% open. Ohio Rut is the same as PA rut. I'm fairly certain the second week of Nov is already booked full. I'm going with 4 other guys the first week in Nov. Archery is my chosen method although a shotgun or muzzleloader hunt would certainly be higher odds. Whats even better is they accept a payment plan. I've just been sending $100.00 bucks a month with full payment due Sept 30th 2010 or something.

#9 ·
pottercountyman said:
The reason for the price drop is because he added 2 more hunters per week from 6 to 8.
If you believe Ty was only taking 6 hunters per week then I got some real valuable land in Florida to sell ya, I will even through in the alligators for free...

I had a friend hunt with Ty 2 years ago, archery rut and he said their were 17 hunters in camp that week. His operation isn't bad but he is flat out lying to you if he is telling you only six or eight hunters a week.

Don't be surprized if you get their and their is 12+ hunters and he gives you the old "well we accidently overbook or double booked this week, but their was only 8 last week".

#10 ·
I've heard that review from a few different people.

Like I said before, my friend goes here every year. He has never noticed the camp being over booked. That being said.

I don't care if I share camp with 50 people. If I get in a stand and see deer, including big mature Ohio buck it is going to be worth every penny.

I spend more than this to go to the beach during the summer and I hate sand.

#11 ·
Thanks PotterCounty Man
I am going to give Him a Call , I am 70 years old and been on many trips out of State , I agree with You about men in camp of course if He has enough land for them .Not as nible as I used to be , I now shoot a disabled crossbow permitt here in Pa , so I have to decide if I want to hunt during Archery , Muzzle or Shotgun , I am looking for my best chance to shoot one of those monster Ohio Whitetails. I like the last week in October myself for archery and if They feed the first week of muzzleloader
Tom
Tom

#12 ·
Charles Alsheimer is actually saying the last week in October is the best in 2010. The price on that is $1500 I think, so its an even better deal. You do not need a disable permit to use a crossbow in PA or Ohio. I believe that Ty is managing around 6,000 acres now. Should be enough room for all of us.

#14 ·
pottercountyman said:
Ohio late season over bait or food sources is very high odds. That is pretty darn good business if you ask me. I can't wait to go for my first time.
My buddy called last night and said the same thing about Illinois. He started his hunt last night, and missed a dandy 8, and had two other bigger bucks close, but no good shot opportunity. This is his fourth year, this year, they talked him into coming back out after xmas, they said it is the best time. They said it is not crazy like the rut, but the deer are highly patternable.

Awesome night last night he says. Can't wait.

By the way, he is the only one there, and can hunt any stand he likes. The best part is, it is only $200/night instead of $1000/night.

#19 ·
You asked Loridr, but let me comment. I have hunted three times in Ohio with Southern Ohio Outfitters. Two times it was the late season Saturday and Sunday hunt in December (one of them with JM59 and Loridr), and one time during the rut in the first week of November. On two of those occasions, my son in law shot a nice 130 class buck. I missed one of those during the November hunt when the crossbow string hit my thumb. Dave Lusk and his family do what they have to do to make sure you have a good hunt, but it is hunting. If you want more information, I did write a story about our hunting trips with Dave, and would email it to you if you send me a pm with an email address.

#20 ·
My friend used to go with Southern Ohio Outfitters. He had very good experiences with them and thought they were very hunter friendly. He see's more deer with Whitetail Outfitters of Ohio so he switched.

Pepsi - Looks like you'll be out the week before me. You going to this outfitter? If so maybe we can exchange phone numbers so we can compare experiences on 2 different dates.

#26 ·
Pottercounty man
Thank You so much for your offer , I am trying to bring my son on a hunt as a gift . He is new on the Job so maybe 2011 . I get my fill of hunting here in Pa , our house adjoins Sgl in Pike County so its right out my back door . I saw a B&C 8 Point during early archery but couldn't get an ethical shot at Him and waited to see him again but didn't get my buck this year , I hope that He survived he will be a buster next year .
Tom

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.