The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whitetail Buck Portrait

I was able to "shoot" this guy during the rut in November. I've seen him before, but he's always been very skittish. He had a lady friend with him this time, and she didn't mind being near the road. Of course, he was so testosterone-charged that he couldn't bring himself to leave her, so he provided some good opportunities for photos.

[image]http://www.tomreichner.com/Wildlife/Whitetail-Deer/6976900_Y7mSy#731322059_sCNTo[/image]

Edit: seems that the photo isn't appearing in my post. Sorry 'bout that.
It seems like I can't get the "embedded image" thing to work. Wish we could just attach photos. I got on here really hoping to be able to share some photos.
hmmm . . . I'd keep trying, but the "edit" feature doesn't allow me to change the MARKUP option.

·
Super Moderator
1,739 Posts
Re: Whitetail Buck Portrait

You have to use photobucket.com to put pics on here. I looked at your homepage and you really have some great photos!!!! Hope you can be able to do it cause they are really nice.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

PAlimbhanger said:
You have to use photobucket.com to put pics on here. I looked at your homepage and you really have some great photos!!!! Hope you can be able to do it cause they are really nice.
I also look at your homepage pictures very nice!! What kind of camera set up are you using?

·
Registered
7,661 Posts

Very NICE!!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

PAlimbhanger said:
You have to use photobucket.com to put pics on here.
Whoops! I didn't realize that I would need to have a Photobucket account in order to share photos on here. Unfortunately I don't have a Photobucket account, and it's already tough keeping up with my website and my Flickr account. I don't think I'll be able to do a Photobucket site, too. Sorry

geesekiller said:
I also look at your homepage pictures very nice!! What kind of camera set up are you using?
Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!

I am currently using a Canon 5D with a 400mm f2.8 lens, as well as a 100-400 zoom lens. I just ordered a 50D, which I hope to use in conjunction with the 5D in order to take advantage of the two different sensor sizes - 1.6 crop factor on the 50D and full frame on the 5D. I also have a 1D Mark2 that I shot a lot of the images on the website with.

·
Registered
853 Posts

Tom Reichner said:
PAlimbhanger said:
You have to use photobucket.com to put pics on here.
Whoops! I didn't realize that I would need to have a Photobucket account in order to share photos on here. Unfortunately I don't have a Photobucket account, and it's already tough keeping up with my website and my Flickr account. I don't think I'll be able to do a Photobucket site, too. Sorry
Don't know that you necessarily need to use Photobucket. Just seems most people use Photobucket. There should be a way to post pictures from your Flickr account onto this website. On your Flickr account do the pictures have an image code or URL or address? If so you should be able to copy that text and paste in your post. When you post a picture it should read
with the text of the image code, URL, or address inside (as the ... part).

Hope you don't mind but here is the picture that the link you posted takes me to:

You have right clicking disabled on your website but there are ways to get around that. If you don't want me posting this picture I will take it down. Just trying to help.

Looked at a few of your other pictures and you have some very good pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

JD3,
Thanks! I appreciate you figuring out a way to post the buck photo. I will make more attempts to do this myself from my website or flickr account.

I am on several other photo & hunting forums, and on all of the others I can simply attach a photo to my post. I'm completely new to this thing where you have to somehow link it to another site.

Here's another attempt, with a different image:

AAAAAaaaaaaaaa! As you can see, This doesn't seem to be working, even though I've followed the instructions precisely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts