The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this rather amusing since for the last week Mr. Morgan has been screaming about taking away Americans 2nd amendment rights when he's not an American. I find him to be an irrational, emotional idiot looking to boost his ratings and using a tragedy to do so. Apparently some others feel this way as well as they have started a petition on the Whitehouse Website to have him deported. He may not get deported but at least the more people who sign it the more voices that let there stance on the right to bear arms will be known. Merry Christmas Mr. Morgan.


https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...ndment/prfh5zHD
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,532 Posts
he's one of the biggest idiots on the news. Of course, there are many.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,942 Posts
For one, I could care less want a foreigner thinks. Apparently, CNN doesn't understand that because they have been reporting what other countries think of our "gun culture." Number two, Piers Morgan is total scum, he exploited the Newtown shooting more than anyone else on tv, all for ratings. Morgan don't give a rats behind about Newtown, only himself, he proved that. Number three, As I recall, we whooped the British' rears to become the United States of America. Why would anyone care what he thinks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Muzz said:
For one, I could care less want a foreigner thinks. Apparently, CNN doesn't understand that because they have been reporting what other countries think of our "gun culture." Number two, Piers Morgan is total scum, he exploited the Newtown shooting more than anyone else on tv, all for ratings. Morgan don't give a rats behind about Newtown, only himself, he proved that. Number three, As I recall, we whooped the British' rears to become the United States of America. Why would anyone care what he thinks?
Agreed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,425 Posts
Stuart Varney is a former Brit, and I very much care what he says, but then again, he became a citizen to get away from the socialism of the UK. I think Morgan is just spreading his fowl UK seed everywhere he can.

The point is CNN and Morgan aren't an actual news source.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I whole-heartedly agree, unfortunately alot of people are out there just eating up what he reports. Pro-gun and Anti-gun numbers are already set pretty much. It's the non-anti/non-gunowner's that don't care so much either way that I worry about him swaying with his non-stop bashing of guns and their owners. I know what he says is ridiculous, I just hope that the non-anti non-gunowners realize it as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,042 Posts
Maybe Mr. Morgan could report on how well the gun bans have worked in his foreign land?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unfortunately he does Peppy, except he spins it to seem like they worked and he lives in a utopia where no one gets hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
I just looked at the petition. The goal was 6276 by Jan 20, 2013. Goal of 25000 over all I guess. Within two days the signatures are over 18000. I guess they met the 6276 goal. lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
994 Posts
Peppy said:
Maybe Mr. Morgan could report on how well the gun bans have worked in his foreign land?
The US leads the world in gun ownership, gun deaths, and mass shootings (all rated per capita). I challenge you to show any facts stating that countries with stricter gun laws have greater or equal gun deaths. I tried but couldn't find any data to support your claims that gun laws don't work.

I did find this though. http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=113&cat=2

It sure looks like the states with the strictest gun laws have the fewest gun deaths and vice versa.

jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,042 Posts
JerrySS said:
Peppy said:
Maybe Mr. Morgan could report on how well the gun bans have worked in his foreign land?
The US leads the world in gun ownership, gun deaths, and mass shootings (all rated per capita). I challenge you to show any facts stating that countries with stricter gun laws have greater or equal gun deaths. I tried but couldn't find any data to support your claims that gun laws don't work.

I did find this though. http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=113&cat=2

It sure looks like the states with the strictest gun laws have the fewest gun deaths and vice versa.

jerry
You could simply start by looking at Chicago and DC.

Source
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
994 Posts
Peppy said:
JerrySS said:
Peppy said:
Maybe Mr. Morgan could report on how well the gun bans have worked in his foreign land?
The US leads the world in gun ownership, gun deaths, and mass shootings (all rated per capita). I challenge you to show any facts stating that countries with stricter gun laws have greater or equal gun deaths. I tried but couldn't find any data to support your claims that gun laws don't work.

I did find this though. http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=113&cat=2

It sure looks like the states with the strictest gun laws have the fewest gun deaths and vice versa.

jerry
You could simply start by looking at Chicago and DC.

Source
I think your source article gives a good reason for the failed gun laws:
Banning guns from one city makes about as much sense as banning them on one block. It's hard enough to halt the flow of guns over international borders, where governments police traffic. It's impossible to stop them from crossing municipal boundaries — which are unmonitored, undefended and practically invisible.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
19,532 Posts
unfortunately these "photoshops" and edited recordings are becoming commonplace with the leftwing media.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,647 Posts
JerrySS said:
Peppy said:
Maybe Mr. Morgan could report on how well the gun bans have worked in his foreign land?
The US leads the world in gun ownership, gun deaths, and mass shootings (all rated per capita). I challenge you to show any facts stating that countries with stricter gun laws have greater or equal gun deaths. I tried but couldn't find any data to support your claims that gun laws don't work.

I did find this though. http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=113&cat=2

It sure looks like the states with the strictest gun laws have the fewest gun deaths and vice versa.

jerry
Here is a nation list index for all assorted different crimes. The US is 4th in the most gun murders, but doesn't even make the list when you look at all MURDERS. http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_tot_cri-crime-total-crimes

I'll take being on the list for the most gun homicides if it means that we don't make the lists for the most rapes, assaults, or all murders. You might not think this refutes your claims since logic and facts are arbitrary in your world. Let the rest decide for themselves.

You are right that having no guns would result in less gun murders. I'll give you that. But its thinking beyond that to the next problem is where you've neglected to share information.

Why do you want to be a nation that is a victim of higher violent crime rates?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
994 Posts
HC66,
Thanks for posting some interesting stats, which are very relevant. You cannot tell from my post you referenced, and you may have not read other posts of mine, but I am not against all guns.

All of us need to take a hard look at the pros and cons of high capacity semi-automatic assault weapons in our society. The rapes, assaults, and murders you referred to can be prevented by concealed carry handguns. I just do not see a strong argument for us to have AR-15 type rifles. From the Piers Morgan interviews I have seen, he is critical of the same guns.

Jerry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,209 Posts
He's not even worth talking about. The petition to have him deported is a great idea though. Just another media jerk trying to get ratings.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top