·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This ones gettin tanned

·
Registered
679 Posts
I got one a few weeks ago.. Didn't think much about it at the time but now I kinda wish I did get it tanned.. Wasn't thinking I guess.. Guess I didn't figure it to be very rare. I'm pretty new to trapping though.. Anybody else catchin em with white feet?

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
In the early 80's my step dad caught an albino female, and later a white footed male. He had them bred by a vet and ended up having 3 litters of all white pups.
They gained such attention that he started bottling lures under the brand "White Fox" lures. I still have quite a few bottles of "Curiosity #2" and "Fox Food Lure #4" that I use every year.

·
Premium Member
24,083 Posts
Cool looking!!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Today's random thought

No offense...just thought it was funny!

·
Registered
679 Posts
That's interesting about the breeding Fairchild. Very interesting to me. Within a quarter mile of where I caught that white footed fox, a guy I went to high school with claims he saw an albino fox this summer.. I kinda shrugged it off when he told me since the last time I checked he was still "taking trips without leaving the farm"... I have no doubt he "saw" a white fox....lol
But maybe there's something to his story after all. If the genetics are there, the albino fox could be as well..

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Hern, I have a fox like that in the freezer, caught by another trapper down this way in MD. It's skinned and tanned for a full mount, and of my personal possession.

I also caught a really neat female red who had white on I think 3 feet, a snowball tail, and a white blotch patch on the belly. She's also tanned in the freezer for a future mount. You likely saw the pics of her on here- that was back in 2006 or 2007 I think.

I think it was last season, someone at taxi-net sold a grey fox with a white blaze on it's face. Now that was neat!

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
<span style="color: #660000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Hern, I have a fox like that in the freezer, caught by another trapper down this way in MD. It's skinned and tanned for a full mount</span></span>
ftw, over the years, I have caught several 'white footed' Reds, in 4 different counties. Odd, yes, but they get skun, dried and sold with the others. No special treatment.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got one like that 2 years ago, got it tanned for my son. Had grey under the chin and white tipped tail, the rest was red. Biggest fox I caught all season.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts