The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Dec. first time in the woods with my call 8am.Wearing orange vest standing in the middle of the road simply learning how to use my new e-call.had the speaker in my pocket pressed a button for the first time,racoon in distress.Looked up a white dog was running right down the road at me to 20yds.Looked like a coyote,but held my fire a split second then it disappeared to thick brush,I just wasn"nt sure.Kept calling 2 brown dogs came around the corner and vaniched.later talked to bow hunter who had seen the pack several times and told me it was a very light blond color phase coyote.Anyway been on countless stands since then with no luck,but will not quit.

·
Registered
12,268 Posts
GreenHeadHunter said:
You definatley did the right thing holding fire. Always positivley identify your target. Keep at it. Im still learning too.
I agree. I would feel very bad killing someone's dog by mistake.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder how many others got turned on to the sport by watching shows like Fox pro fur takers and other shows.I had unbelieable luck.50 years of hunting and that was one of the great experiences I have had,and I"ve had some good ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts