The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of trying one a buddy of mine swears by his, but hear as many complaining about them. and alot of guys love them.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I've been bowhunting for 26 years and had all different kinds of rests,Whisker Bisquit Drop Tine is my favorite rest all time. It's quiet,arrow can't fall off,great still hunting rest. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I like the octane pro a bit better - still get same capture as the WB but not the reduced fps because your vanes never touch the brushes

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I reccomend the WB, like mentioned above, great for still hunting or when you are sitting in the stand or standing up and holding your bow at your side arrow does not fall off the rest, it is always ready to go, excellent hunting rest.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I use WB's exclusively. I reference to the loss of arrow speed, a few years back we tried a WB against a pair of drop aways. The speed difference was 2-3fps. Not enough IMO to consider. I shoot my Monster 7 to 50 yards and have absolutely no complaints about how it performs. Simplicity & accuracy, just what I need on my hunting bow

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm looking to buy a whisker bisquit rest for hunting, bass pro has about 5 different variations, ranging from 40 -70 dollars. Is there any real difference in quality / performance?

·
Registered
699 Posts
When I bought mine I noticed that some of the cheaper priced WB had a round mount in stead of square. What I mean is the brace that actually holds the bisquet and slides in the other bracket that is mounted to your riser. I prefer the ones with a square mount, no chance of the bisquet spinning, JMO. Hard to describe, but I hope that makes sense.
I believe one of the most important things is to make sure you get the right size bisquet for the arrow you are shooting. This chart should help. Good choice.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have 2 bows, WB on both. I swear by it. consistant groups always and if there's a flier, it's user error, not rest error. Never had an issue with the fletching since I switched to blazers either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts