The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to find a small black mark on my blazer vanes when shooting threw a new biscuit never had it happen before with the old one ?

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Make sure your vanes are lined up correctly. Could just be that the biscuit is too new. I like mine better once I got a hundred shots or so through. Are you noticing any fish tailing? Are your arrows flying straight?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they fly excellent
I got a dead-center Robin Hood at 26 yards this weekend
I am trying a new Bernies Knuckle under under back tension release

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no
I think I will try some baby powder and see were the blazer vanes are in the biscuit seem the mark are on the 8 and 4 o'clock vanes

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
you are most likely hitting the bracket. you may need to move your knock point down to stop forcing the arrow down or move your rest up and ensure the center of your arrow is centered between the berger holes. if your knock point or your rest is low or high arrow flight will seem good. left to right causes fishtailing. that is why you are noticing good arrow flight. if it is on both fletchings and you are shooting cock vane up, then you have to be hitting the bracket on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like to ask I see the biscuit can be replaced but I see now there may be a right way and a wrong way.
I can insert the biscuit were there is a black part colored on the wiskers now should it be at 6 o'clock or 3 o'clock
I may have it in wrong?right hand shooter

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
The whisker biscuit was invented to improve on the prong rest that was widely used in the 90's.

It was designed for newbies and infrequent hunting archers, just so the arrow wouldn't fall off the bow. (Mine fell off the bow a couple of times in the treestand in the 90's.)

By the time I got a fall away, I didn't need the whisker buicuit to control fall off, and I didn't like the idea of more frequent vane repairs.

Whisker Biscuits are made for the infrequent practice hunter. Just so the arrow doesn't fall off, when he's getting ready to shoot at a deer.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Practice hunter???????what the [censored] are you talking about....many well experienced archers use a whisker biscket all the time

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
LONEWOLF5347 said:
I like to ask I see the biscuit can be replaced but I see now there may be a right way and a wrong way.
I can insert the biscuit were there is a black part colored on the wiskers now should it be at 6 o'clock or 3 o'clock
I may have it in wrong?right hand shooter
6 o'clock. the black fibers are more stiff and are intended to provide support for the arrow.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
mus42tang said:
It was designed for newbies and infrequent hunting archers,

and I didn't like the idea of more frequent vane repairs.

Whisker Biscuits are made for the infrequent practice hunter. Just so the arrow doesn't fall off, when he's getting ready to shoot at a deer.
What?!?!? What the heck are you babbling about? Newbies??? Infrequent hunters??? Infrequent practice hunters??? Buddy you need to think about your words a little better! Its a hunting rest, period! Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean you can classify me as an infrequent hunter or that I don't practice enough! This goes to any person that decides to use a WB on their bow! As far as the vane repair, use the right vane! Then you won't have any problems!

Now back to Lonewolf, yes the black bristles should be in the six o'clock position. Cock vane needs to be in the 12 o'clock position. You should have a 120 degree spacing between each vane. Once you nock an arrow, index that arrow to make sure your clearing the back section of the bristles.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
mus42tang said:
The whisker biscuit was invented to improve on the prong rest that was widely used in the 90's.

It was designed for newbies and infrequent hunting archers, just so the arrow wouldn't fall off the bow. (Mine fell off the bow a couple of times in the treestand in the 90's.)

By the time I got a fall away, I didn't need the whisker buicuit to control fall off, and I didn't like the idea of more frequent vane repairs.

unbelievable...lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
i use blazer vanes and had to change to the 1,5,9 oclock position. when i used 12,4,8 the 4 oclock vane would hit the cable and make a black mark on my vane due to their higher profile. once i figured out what was going on and turned my arrows a little it fixed the problem not to mention they fly nbetter also.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I love my wb it shoots great and is the perfect hunting rest imo. to the guys who siad its for people who dont practice i shoot 5 days a week at least 100 arrows a week. i had more prob with arrow flight with a drop away that i had on my old bow.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
LifeNRA said:
What?!?!? What the heck are you babbling about? Newbies??? Infrequent hunters??? Infrequent practice hunters??? Buddy you need to think about your words a little better! Its a hunting rest, period!
Yeah, some dude named Predator Hunter said the same thing on the other WB thread....it's a newbie rest.

Whatever. 5 years ago everyone from Primos to Drury, etc, were using them, and they certainly weren't newbies. Now, they get paid by another rest company to use a differant rest. Didn't work too well, as ol' Mark Drury had an arrow fall off on national tv last week.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Wow, a heated debate. Where's the beer?

Remember that every rest has its purpose. My dad had a little piece of plastic coming off the riser and he had no problem killing deer with that bow. I personally don't use a WB because I shoot way too much and would wear those bristles out in a month. As for the arrows falling off, I use the QAD HD and you can't make an arrow fall off.

My friend has a WB and he loves it. I personally wouldn't use it, but I have to admit, he does shoot well with it. I notice his accuracy drops way down past 30 yards, and that might be him and can't jump to conclusions. For the money, the WB is a decent deal, they just need to make the bristles stronger.

Now to take aim at those personalities on television, THEY ARE FREAKING IDIOTS. You are a tool if you base buying decisions on their promotions. You are a sheep! There, I said it. Like I have said before, if I see it being advertised on television, my first instinct is that I won't buy it and make a mental note not to look at it unless it meets my needs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts