The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can also call your county conservation district office. WHIP is a federal program administered by NRCS. They can tell you if you are eligible, if funding is currently available and answer other questions you may have. It is a good program if you can get into it.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Be careful what you sign up for. I sat for my Initial interview & said Yea I'll do that & yea I need that & yea ILL do that & so on.... & now the requirments are too overwelming for me to complete & I will most likely default on the contract & who knows what .. I work way to much now & cant do any leisure time work.But I did do alot & was paid for alot but Just watch that erosion stuff , the fix is alot of hard labor & time . If you have stream bed fixing , or erosion going on, well It is one of the options that this program will adress & this part I dont think I can complete in the time frame.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The main concern of the program seemed to be bird habitat, But the way I was told . by the Improvments for the birds,,,, It also benefits the deer greatly.

I just signed up for whip in wyoming county & they want me to clearcut my aspens(which I hate) & just drop & leave several acres "as grouse bedding" which I will be thrilled to be paid to get rid of these aspens. But I was not approved yet In Wyoming county

1 - 6 of 6 Posts