The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This tends to be a yearly thread, but what do you turkey hunters carry from year to year while in the turk woods?

Also, what vest do you use, if any?
I use a Mossy Oak Super Elite III that I have have for about six years now.
I have my vest with calls organized by the most used calls and strikers in the easiest to get to pockets. I always have a pair of shears in the big side pocket and tend to make use of any low grown brush around me to "beef up" my hide.
My pack usually has my decoy, stakes, binos, camera, water, snacks, knife (also carry a boot knife...old habit), orange cloth and my trauma kit from my Afghanistan hitch that somehow managed to make its way home.

·
Super Moderator
14,561 Posts
I carry my 20 with 3 shells, license, ID, spare car key pinned in my vest,small flash light, 2-3 mouth calls, crow call, face mask, gloves, reversible orange camo hat, snack bar, camera, cell phone, 3 decoys, trash bag or two for emergency rain gear, stream crossings and/or morels, (Very cheap but functional) 8 year old vest, small knife, cheese cloth, rubber gloves, zip lock bag, turkey tote carrier, orange bag and sometimes a box and/or a slate call box... sometimes binoculars.

·
Registered
500 Posts
My vest is a hand-me-down Bucklick Lounger. Love the seat hate the pockets.

I carry too many pots which is my problem. Maybe 5 or 6. Two box calls, several strikers (4 or 5), an owl hooter, a crow call, one scratch box, a gobble shaker, a conditioner for pots, sandpaper and brush snippers and a small folding saw. And bug spray and these things are all in the vest. I carry about 6 mouth calls in a container in my shirt pocket. And usually about 5 shells in my pants pocket, three for the gun and two extras. Gloves and facemask are in the cargo pockets of my pants.

I never carry TP and probably should and I never carry a flashlight and probably should. I do put a small thermos in my game pouch with coffee everyday.

After looking at the list I now know why my vest weighs a ton.

·
Premium Member
24,391 Posts
I use this vest:

I put 1 slate call in it, 1 box call, a couple of mouth calls, this year a new wingbone call, a sammie, shells, a couple of decoys, and last but not least some paper towels, my version of toilet paper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.