The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Which Spitfire?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  rugered 
#1 ·
I know that alot of guys are using the NAP spitfire mechanicals with their crossbows. What model is everyone using? I am thinking of switching to them next year. I am not sure why being that I have been happy with the ABC bolt sonics, but well you know how it is. If it ain't broke, switch to something else.

See less See more
#3 ·
I have been using the regular spitfires and really like them. They create a nice hole and fly well out of my xbow. I have harvested 2 doe and 2 buck with them and none of the deer made it more than 75yards.
After trying numerous different broadheads, I am finally satisfied and don't see myself changing any time soon!

#5 ·
This was my first season with my crossbow. Started out using G5 T3's and had a bad experience. I'm about 99% sure I had one open in flight. (And yes, it was the one specifically for crossbows with the red spider clip) Ended up making the recovery, but it wasn't an easy one. After that I switched to the standard 100 gr spitfire, and couldn't be happier. With the practice blades i got same poi as field points out to 40 yards, which is as far as i tried them. Took a big doe on the last day of the season, it passed thru no problem, and she went down within 25 yards. The only issue I can see could be a hard angling shot. I realize 1 kill is t exactly extensive testing but for what it's worth, I'm very confident in them.

#9 ·
I use the original 100 grain Spitfires. Only broadhead I have used that has dropped the deer in sight (twice). Made almost the same exact shot with a Slick Trick and had no blood and nearly couldn't find the deer. I will never use fixed blade broadheads with my crossbow again.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.