The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Past few seasons I shot the standard slick trick broadhead in 100gr. I want to move to a 125gr head and Slick Tricks has a few different options. Any recommendations? I am not looking at anything other than slick tricks due to my past experience with them.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I love Slicks and my favorite out of crossbows in the Razor Trick. I have found it to fly a bit better than the standard Slicks from crossbows.

·
Registered
12,653 Posts
Before I bought my Excal Exocet 200, I tried another guys of the same bow with GT 2 arrows and regular 3 blade slick trick 100 grain heads. It flew so straight that up to 40 yards you held your breath that the next arrow didn`t split the other one you shot before. He was using the Vari-Zone Excal scope as well. I use WASP Boss SST 100`s, the regular ones with GT2`s with open sights and I am pretty good up to 30 yards. If I was using the vari-zone scope I imagine I would be even better, but I like less weight and open sights.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I use 100gr Slick Trick Magnums on Victory arrows out of my Parker Terminator 175. 2.5" grouping at 42 yds(3rd line on the Hawke Map) with 5 different bolts. I can't shoot multiple shots with out removing the previous one. My wife joked that at least it makes me get some exercise between every shot.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
JetMaxx said:
I use 100gr Slick Trick Magnums on Victory arrows out of my Parker Terminator 175. 2.5" grouping at 42 yds(3rd line on the Hawke Map) with 5 different bolts. I can't shoot multiple shots with out removing the previous one. My wife joked that at least it makes me get some exercise between every shot.
That is my same set-up and results pretty much...out of both the Parker Tornado and my son's Hornet. I also found I can interchange Muzzy's 100 grs I have from my old compound if needed and put them in that same group.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts