The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at getting a new sight for my bow. trophy ridge and apex both make a sight in the same price range that i like. they both have .19 pins and come with a light. there aren't many differences in features, i just wondered if one company had an edge over the other in reliability, durability, etc... any input would be helpful. thanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
definalty not apex they are horrible i had one and 3 weeks after i got it the pins stripped out i would recomend the trophy ridge

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Can't speak about the apex, but I have a trophy ridge on my Hoyt for the last four years and I have no complaints and highly recommend the quality of their products from my experiences.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm looking at a trophy ridge hitman and something in the accu line from apex gear. glad to hear the trophy ridge is solid. if anyone else has any input, i'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I have the older TR five pin matrix with .019" pins, love it! Originally, I bought the older design which broke the main piece holding the pin housing. TR and Cabela's replaced my sight with the newer updated model, no questions asked! Been working flawlessly for the past five years! I will buy another when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Since we're still on this topic, I had a Trophy Ridge Matrix .029 pins. That sight could take a beating and never be off. I have no idea how many times I dropped it on the sight, and once from 12 feet and never broke. It was an extremely durable sight. I sold mine a couple of months ago on ebay and still got quite a bit for it. So you can say they hold their value as well.

As for the Apex, I shot one once and wasn't that impressed, but I may be different than you. In hunting sights I look for the one that can be dropped from a tree stand, land on a rock, and still be able to shoot a deer with it at 30 yards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts