The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have both and the Lacrosse seem to fit me better. Really something you have to go to the store and try on with your hunting socks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had my Lacrosse boots for 5 years now and not one problem. My wife had her muck boots for 1 year before they started leaking. Lacrosse all the way.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
While on the subject, I can't seem to get more than one year out of rubber boots.. they get cut! I have been through three pair in the last 4 years.. Rockys, RedHead, and one other brand I forgot.

Where I hunt here on the eastern shore of MD there are a lot of green briars. No doubt those briars are tough, but I have a pair of U.S. Army Mickey Mouse boots that are probably 60 years old that I have worn off and on for the last 45 years. I have never cut them!!

The boot manufacturers need to put tougher outer skins on the boots.. just my opinion..

Best regards, Glenn

·
Registered
187 Posts
Glenn D said:
While on the subject, I can't seem to get more than one year out of rubber boots.. they get cut! I have been through three pair in the last 4 years.. Rockys, RedHead, and one other brand I forgot.

Where I hunt here on the eastern shore of MD there are a lot of green briars. No doubt those briars are tough, but I have a pair of U.S. Army Mickey Mouse boots that are probably 60 years old that I have worn off and on for the last 45 years. I have never cut them!!

The boot manufacturers need to put tougher outer skins on the boots.. just my opinion..

Best regards, Glenn
I think Lacrosse Alpha Burly's have a harder rubber surface that may be more cut resistant.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I have two pair of muck boots... They're lightweight and comfortable, but not the greatest in thick stuff, the neoprene uppers get punctured and ripped easily, I patched mine numerous times,the soul even started falling off after two years. Anymore I will buy nothing but Cabelas boots , I'll admit they arnt quite as good as my muck boots, but they have a lifetime warranty, anything happens to them, return for a full refund.. No questions asked.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
another vote for the lacross alpha burly. warm and comfy

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I happened to stop by Outdoor World today.. talked to the shoe department guy.. he said they hardly ever get a Lacrosse boot or an Irish Setter boot back.. He admitted a lot of the Red Head boots get returned with holes and tears..

I'm still shopping.. hard to spend $130 to $150 for a pair of rubber boots!!

Best regards, Glenn

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Me too I tried the Muck boots yesterday and love the lightweight. The leaks and tears bother me. They were much easier to remove than the Lacrosse.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I'm cheap I just use the bottom of a pair of hip boots since they seem to crack at the knees I just cut the boot off

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have Mucks as well as the new Irish Setter.
I just recently used the Setters in Now Foundland and they held up incredibly well. Two others in camp cut theirs boots up but mine look as good as new. The new Setters fit me much better than the mucks. The evoflex technology locks your foot in and it was like wearing sneakers. I lived in these for a week
Will definately buy another pair of these when the time comes

1 - 20 of 39 Posts