The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Truthfully before this year I would say any of the three would make you a great bow. After hearing about Parker's change in customer service, I would go with either the Tenpoint or the Excalibur. You really can't go wrong with either one. You might want to check out Tenpoint's Wicked Ridge Line of crossbows as well. I hear alot of good things about them.

·
Registered
18,573 Posts
TenPoint/Wicked Ridge or Excalibur are top choices. Those are the two brands I heartily recommend. It really comes down to whether you prefer a recurve style or compound style.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
dpms said:
TenPoint/Wicked Ridge or Excalibur are top choices. Those are the two brands I heartily recommend. It really comes down to whether you prefer a recurve style or compound style.
This! If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with one of the new Wicked Ridge bows. This years models are a phenominal deal and offer great performance for the money. Really nice things coming out of that company the last 2 years!

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
depends on how much you want to spend, or if you want a recure or compound. tenpoint if you want a top of the line compound and excal for a top of the line recurve. if budget is an issue parker has some great bows in the 400-500 range.

just remember if a bow is treated like a doorstop it will pretty much become a doorstop.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I shoot an Excal Ibex and love it but I have heard good things about the Ten Point and the Parker crossbows as well. I prefer the recurve style limbs but to each their own.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
After all I have seen through this season, there are two that stand above all else. Ten Point/Wicked Ridge and Excalibur would be my two picks at the moment.
There are some to watch. Bohning and Athens are coming in 2013 and both will be strong contenders. There is no doubt both companies will have alot to offer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts