The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come down to two that I will use to plow snow and hunt with,trail riding,which one would be the best?
Yamaha Grizzly 350
Kawasaki Prairie 360

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
my uncle liked his prarie for all the years he owned it. he is a big guy like me also. he bought a sportsman 700 though recently and the prarie is for his wife. the only problem he had was the belt tensioner would give him fits after he shut the quad off for a bit. kinda made a rattling sound then would stop after a few seconds. dealer attributed it to going in water then deeper they are told to. other then that he loved it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
The Yamaha 350 motor is almost bullet proof. It has been around for a long time. Very dependable.

Steve

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I have a yamaha and have had NO issues what so ever. Good machine

·
Registered
871 Posts
Outdoor Guy said:
The Yamaha 350 motor is almost bullet proof. It has been around for a long time. Very dependable.

Steve
I had an 05 Wolverine 350 and will +1 that! And it seemed like the hotter it got, the better it ran.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I would take a yamaha over a kawasaki anyday, but would take polaris over them both.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Retiredusne8, How did you come up with those two? Already available, or ruled the others out? Just curious... I have a polaris 335 sportsman and it can do more than I'll ever ask it to do, so I'm with you on engine size.. What are your thoughts on the Honda Rancher 350's? That will probably be my next one if I ever kill this one.

Of the people I know that actually do work with atv's Honda is the prefered machine. This includes rancher friends in Montana and Colorado, and guide services in Alaska.

Just wondering out loud.....

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blowchowski
1st,I don't need all that much HP and talking to users the 350 is plenty.
2nd I got a good package price on them.Yamaha is a hard machine to beat.
I like Honda's too,maybe I'll see what kind of deal they have.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I like my Kawi....but I have the 650 Prairie.
Never rode the 360, but have been told its just as dependable as its big brother.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Yamaha!!! No questions asked!!! Kawasaki's are cheap enough they probably sell them at Tractor Supply!! I have an 06 Yamaha Kodiak 450 and wouldn't trade it for anything!! My next one is going to be a Grizzly 550 with Pwr Steering. Yamaha is definately the way to go!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Blowchowski said:
Retiredusne8, How did you come up with those two? Already available, or ruled the others out? Just curious... I have a polaris 335 sportsman and it can do more than I'll ever ask it to do, so I'm with you on engine size.. What are your thoughts on the Honda Rancher 350's? That will probably be my next one if I ever kill this one.

Of the people I know that actually do work with atv's Honda is the prefered machine. This includes rancher friends in Montana and Colorado, and guide services in Alaska.

Just wondering out loud.....

i have an 05' honda rancher, silly thing is bullet/proof.
i've never done anything to it. nothing. mine is electric shift. its pretty slick, everyone who rides it' like's it.
cain't keep the kids off of it.
putt some mudd/lites on the back, it'll go anywheres,
its one tuff cookie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts