The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting another camera soon. The trouble is deciding which one. I have a Scoutguard 550. I've had it since 2008 and have had no issues with it yet,which in my opinion, is pretty good. But I've heard a lot of good things about Moultrie's M-80 line of cameras. Which one is better in your opinion? My spending cap is $160 and I can get either one for under that. Both being no glow models. The sound of the video on the M-80 is a plus but not enough to sway me toward it. What I'm looking for is picture quality, small size and reliability. The biggest factor being reliability. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have 7 each of the 2009 model Bushnell Trophy Trail camera. These have given good service. Bushnell offers a two year manufacture warranty and good customer service. I have 3 each Moultrie GameSpy D55-IR, 4 each Moultrie M100. Moultrie cameras have given good service. Moultrie offers a one year manufacture warranty and good customer service. Moultrie cameras when set to video, take a picture first then the video. Field of view in the video is narrower than in the picture. Moultrie said this is how it downloads. Night video is limited to ten seconds. I recently purchased 4 each Moultrie GameSpy D55-IRXT cameras, three of them yesterday. These cameras have lots of various functions and settings which I am not familiar enough to comment on. Any camera that will accept AA batteries, one can use Lithium Ultimate which are a high voltage battery, testing 1.79 to 1.83 volt using a digital meter. These batteries are ideal for cold weather areas.
Lots of cameras on EBay, but if the seller is not authorized by the manufacture, there is no warranty. Good luck in your choice.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone? Wasn't being nasty. Just wanna know the reason you guys picked the m-80.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I would pick the Bushnell 8mp HD 160.00
I got 2 Bushnell 5mp 4yr old each They are out in the woods 365days a year and never stopped taken pics ever! I would say they have taken around 50,000+ pics each. Easily!

Now My uncle has 2 and the other has 8 Bushnell trophy 5mp and 8mp cams and his are out 365 days a year and no problems with his ever. I put an order in for my work for 21 Bushnell trophy game cams because all the guys at the shop wanted one and out of the 21 one was bad right out of the box. but warranty fixed it no problem for the guy. at 140.00 each the total price was around 2000.00

The Moultrie cams are nice and inexpensive also. my other uncle has one and likes it. It takes good pics.... i just like Bushnell's and know of 31 of them us guys all have and no complaints at all other then one bad one out of the box. They are Great cams and take great pics and video.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That a pretty good track record for the bushnells. Thanks for letting me know about them. Now I have another cam to decide upon.

A home brew would be fun to do but I have limited knowledge in electronics and spare time is almost nonexistent. Maybe after things calm down a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts