The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
How much are you willing to spend. Because once you get into DSLR it going cost lots of money. I have a Nikon D40X It's a good starter Camera. You can get them pretty cheap now. Maybe think about buying a used DSLR Body and save the money for the lens...I would buy the lens new. I don't know about Canon lens but Nikon lens has a 5 year warranty on their lens.

I would go with Canon or Nikon. And if your going shoot wildlife I would get the 70-300mm it not going be cheap the lens is going run you about $550.00 or more.

As being worth it that all up to you how much you like Photography. I love my camera and was well worth it for me. Go the B&H photo website and look around they got about the best prices for DSLR and they have a used store. That where I buy all my Camera Gear.

· Registered
1,454 Posts
lonewolf said:
looks like I am the only olympus user here I have the Dslr e 500 and love it just need to get a nother lense most likely the 70-300 zoom and maybe Santa can bring me a wide angle lense for Xmas. I see no one recommennds the olympus camera are they not good quality.
I don't really know if that is true. Its just I don't think they have a lot of lens. Where with Nikon and Canon they make a bunch of lens and other company makes them as well like Simga for Nikon. You can only go so far with a Olympus. I was looking at the Olympus website and they don't have any lens over 300mm where Canon and Nikon have up to 600mm Lens

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.