The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us have owned several cabins and was thinking which one did I like the most. My first one had electric, running water and was 50 yards from the lake but you had to drive 4 miles to get to SGL. My currant one has electric, no running water but I can walk out off the porch and start hunting. There is a trout stream 200 yards down the road and Juniata River 3 mile out the road and Raystown Lake 15 mile up the road. My vote is for number 2.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Either one would be fine. Probably opt for the first if for no other reason than I could take a shower after hunting or fishing and wash off any ticks that I might be carrying around. I'm paranoid about those nasty little demons!

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I meant was those of you who have owned 2 or more cabins, which one of your's did you like the most.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There's ways to make number 2 even better if you build yourself a little shower run off a submersible pump and a 55 gallon drum. I plan on building something very primitive like your number 2 option.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
bucksnort1 said:
What I meant was those of you who have owned 2 or more cabins, which one of your's did you like the most.
This one I sold back in 2005 up near Tionesta. Had 100 acres bordered on one side by SGL land and the other side by conservation land. Had 3 large stone fireplaces, pavillion and 2 acre stocked pond. I still kick myself for selling it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Here's my brother after he just sighted in his gun. Look to the left of him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts