The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

101 - 116 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
I can`t stand Allegheny counties lefty politics, but one thing they get and do right is processing antlerless deer tags. I`m actually suprised, but happy they do.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I realize the present law requires county treasurers to process the doe tags and some are opposed to online sales as well as by the agents; But why not change it to sending them to the Game Commission itself ? Do it at the regional headquarters bring in temps to process them . The fees should cover that.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Norristown came thru at 12:20 PM yesterday...
Can't tell if this is late or not, never paid much mind to it until I started following all this doe tag stuff :(...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
The Game Commission still has oversight of the process and most Game Wardens will follow up with their County Treasurer to make sure they doing things the way the law and regulations require.

I know my County Treasurer was always a nervous wreck when I showed up at her office, especially while she was working on the antlerless licenses.

Dick Bodenhorn
Don't sell yourself short, it was probably the uniform that did it for her :)....

Reactions: bohunr

·
Registered
348 Posts
First time my nephew ever applies for Doe tag was last Monday , mailed it the nite of the 13th and was awarded yesterday. Only took 24 years to convince him to apply :)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Anyone start getting their tags back in the mail yet?
I know they don't have to mail them back right away, but I don't recall ever waiting my than 4-5 business days after they were issued to receive them back....
Then again, it's 2020.....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
i never get mine until september. i dont know why they dont send them sooner. they all have stamps on them !!
Most years I've received my first round tags the week prior or day prior to mailing off the first unsold round apps. Occasionally I'd receive them the Monday or Tuesday of the first unsold round, right as those tags were issued...
Seems to be a bit of a toss-up each year.

The only thing that bothers me about the whole line from the digest "Successful applicants will receive their antlerless deer licenses after the 2nd Monday in September." is that some years, that 2nd Monday is the 14th, and Archery opens up 9/19 in 5C. Cuts it awfully close, especially with the recent changes in postal routes, "covid" delays, etc...
Factor in that I don't apply for 5C until the first and second unsold rounds and it becomes somewhat unnerving that some CT's decide to sit on the issued tags for an arbitrary period of time.
Haven't not received one before Archery opens up, but I'll admit that with everything else going on this year, I'm considering it to be more likely than usual years...

Checks don't take 10 business days to clear anymore with POS systems more current than 2002.... So unless the CTs are hand delivering all those paper checks to bank branch, that excuse holds little water. Heck, my bank apps clear deposits the same day if before 6PM, and by 5PM the following if later in the evening.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I realize the present law requires county treasurers to process the doe tags and some are opposed to online sales as well as by the agents; But why not change it to sending them to the Game Commission itself ? Do it at the regional headquarters bring in temps to process them . The fees should cover that.

They did that when some Treasurers were prosecuted and not allowed to sell doe licenses. You have no idea how expensive it is to bring in temps to process antler licenses. Very bad idea, very bad.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Speaking of wheres my tag, for entertainment purposes go to the PGC facebook page and read the comments below the headline of sending in for the unsold round. Its a hoot reading the people freaking out that they have not recieved thier first round antleless tag in the mail yet and are worried they cant send in their app for 8/3. Easy people, it will come and you cant use it right now anyway. I never recieve mine in the mail until mid august beginning of sepember.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Whatttya mean you can’t use it! As soon as I get mine I’m in the woods, never had a problem over the past 41 years.

101 - 116 of 116 Posts