The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to believe this year is almost gone. It was a busy one for me. I moved into a new home out in the country, completed an unfinished basement, went on my honeymoon, and I also completed the North American Deer Slam. Taking a beautiful 8pt. Columbia blacktail in Oregon.

This year I'm scheduled for my third African safari on the Eastern Cape in April. On the hit list is nyala, zebra, mountainreed buck, gemsbuck, or anything else that I haven't taken on my previous hunts. There is a chance I may back out of this hunt to hunt musk ox in the arctic. An animal that I have always been interested in hunting. Wherever your headed I hope you have an awesome adventure and much success. Happy New Year and good huntin'

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
WOW big28hunter, hope you have room in your house for all those mounts.
I'm headed to Georgia for a week in the spring to hunt turkey & hogs, Wisconsin to fall turkey hunt with my dog in October, and Texas for a deer hunt. Along with a few fishing charters and hunting locally.

·
Banned
2,577 Posts
i'm on board with everything except the zebra. after i watched video of one stick its head in a hunters blind and then be shot as it walked away i decided i could never hunt one. haha.

·
Registered
73 Posts
God willing:

Spring turkey I will be in southern Potter Co.

November will be the Michigan rifle deer season, hopefully with my father with whom I have never hunted.

December last day of rifle will be back again in southern Potter with my son.

·
Banned
813 Posts
Very nice blacktail! And congrads on the slam I will be hunting blacktail in Northern CA. this yr and once again hunting in SE. OH. and fishing for Snook, Tarpon and Sharks in SW. FL.
Here is my OH buck from this season.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Going to Ohio on the 8Th.Then Spring turkey in Huntingdon Co.next New Mexico for archery Elk and Bear,then Maryland in Oct for BP,arhery in Pa. and Pa. rifle,and end with flintlock

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Beautiful buck Big, congrats on the slam.

I have a Newfoundland moose hunt booked for last week of Sept. and my annual deer hunt in SC first week of Dec. Hate to miss Maine and NC this year but the Newfie hunt jambs things up. Been thinking about seeing if Bob Parker has a spot in New Brunswick this spring.

Here was my best buck this year:

Lo

·
Registered
675 Posts
I will be in my backyard. I recently purchased a home with 8.5 acres, not huge but enough!. So in 2016 for the first time in my life I hope to take a deer on my OWN land!

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I will take my first hunting trip out of a state that I live in to TN with my son and daughter this spring for hogs. I have pretty much stuck close to home, where ever that was, to hunt all my life. Planning a rifle to take antelope hunting either next year or the one after.

Its nice not to have a mortgage.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Im headed to Montana for a late season elk rifle hunt. Looking forward to it, been booked since 2014.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I'll let you know after the draw results come out!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I will be hunting Ohio again this year and trying to get some guys together for a Mule deer/Whitetail bow hunt in South Dakota.

·
Registered
19,080 Posts
I am planning on a combo deer and boar hunt in South Carolina. back up plans include North Carolina deer hunt or a deer hunt in Kentucky.

all destinations offer multiple bag limits on deer.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Heading to Colorado for elk and mule deer.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nuttin special for me: start out in Va with gobbler season then Pa gobbler, Pa archery then Va muzzleloader, back to Pa to close out archery then back to Va for rifle then Pa rifle then back to Va to finish out the year. Then if I have any Pa tags left the late flintlock season. Same as this year! Lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
Big............musk ox? My hat's off to you on that one!!
Good luck wherever you go. Looking forward to hearing about your trip.

Back down to Texas for me. Aoudad, turkey and Axis in March with the wife. A few days in San Antonio first.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts