The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a little late, but lets start this up. I'll be in Adams county hunting a transition zone between a pine stand and thick swamp. Where will you be?

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Starting the morning on a DMAP property north of Titusville, Crawford Co. Afternoon will probably find me on private property or SGL 69 trying to get my dad one.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
I'll be in Chester county ten minutes from home overlooking a field on some private property that we've had permission to hunt for the past 5 years. My two sons and the one son's GF will be about 200 yards west of my location overlooking a drainage slough. Two other guys we know will also be on this piece of land.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I will be sleeping next to a tree in a valley along side of a apple orchard while my son tries to fill his buck tag..... the wife will be about a half mile down the road in the bottom next to a stream.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
I will be in unit 2D, sitting next to my dad trying to help him get one. Like most years, I will sit and reminisce about all the opening days we've had together from the time I turned 10 and started going with him up until now. Almost every one of them, we have sat together regardless of who was looking for what. At this point in our lives, I cherish that experience. It's almost like he is MY son I want him to get one so bad. If he does get one on Monday, it will be the highlight of my season by a longshot. I wish you all the best of luck and hope you enjoy your day even half as much as I will. Most of all be safe out there.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That's what it's all about kudu 58 the memories!
I remember hunting with dad and grandpa as a kid and will never forget the memories, as granda passed away and dads getting up in age and cannot hunt anymore.
It's not the same hunting anymore, but it's time to make some more memories with my wife.

I'll be out in the field behind the house in 1A with my wife trying to get her first deer.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
2A, same tree, same time, same gun. One of those honey holes you stumble on to. And I know it won't last forever.
Good luck guys. Be safe.

·
Registered
19,651 Posts
In 3D about a mile from my back porch along the edge of a old apple orchard.
I still have my buck tag, a DMAP for this area and bear is open again.
Tomorrow looks to be OK, but then its going to be a little tough with rain and wind gusts.

Good Luck and be safe:thumbs:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Private land belonging to my best friend in northern Clinton County. I won't be alone though because he's never posted it and a few guys will also be hunting there I'm sure.

·
Registered
651 Posts
For the first time in 17 years I will be at work when the first shot rings out tomorrow. Feels kinda funny not loading the truck and getting all my stuff together. But, i do get off at 12 if all things go well, so im more fortunate then alot of guys. If all goes as planned ill be home by 1, and overlooking the field weve shot 2 bucks in the last two opening days from in farm country, armstrong county, wmu 2d

·
Registered
449 Posts
Public land in 4B Juniata County.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts