The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where were you when man landed on the moon ?
I was in Scout Camp and one of the troop leaders had an old rabbit ear TV sitting on a picnic table. About 7 of us sat and watched Armstrong set foot on the moon.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
I was at work at Cutman's Atlantic station. Old man Cutman had brought a TV in and we all watched as Armstrong set foot on the moon.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Sitting in the living room of an old farmhouse.

We didn't own a TV, but my dad rented a black and white TV for the occasion.

I think I was about half asleep when they actually set foot on the moon.

What time was it? It seemed very late. But maybe that was because we were on "farmer time."

·
Registered
39,340 Posts
At home, watching on TV.

I heard a guy on the radio yesterday talking about the moon landing. He was saying how the Astronauts didn’t make a lot of money so to insure their families would be financially OK, if the mission went south, they autographed a lot of stuff for their wives to sell. Maybe pictures? Did anybody ever hear that story before? It was a first for me.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No but I bet its true. I know Nixon had 2 speeches prepared. One if they made it, one if they didn't. I read the one the other day if they didn't make it. Interesting. It's amazing the computers and cell phones we use now have more computer capabilities than the what they had on a moon landing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts