The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks,
I am new to the Pocono area and I was looking for a place to do some skeet shooting. I would also appreciate info on where I could shoot on public land using my own launcher.
Thank you
-Gunny

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info and the helpful links. Too bad about not being able to shoot clays on public land.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is an Orvis five stand and sporting clays at Pocono manor- It is truly hit or miss as to whether everything will work for you or not. You get automatic delay on the push button launchers so you can go by yourself or a buddy

It is a nice range when it works and there is not any bad weather.

·
Banned
19,532 Posts
PADingo said:
Gunny, can't shoot skeet on public land.
My buddy and I were shooting some clays on an old railroad bed on state forest when the DCNR guy pulled up. He didn't seem to mind. Plenty of clays by lots of guys have been broken on that spot.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try Pocono Manor first since that is the closest to my house. I play tennis there in the winter and I heard some guns when I was down there 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are going on the weekend give them a call and make sure you can get on. 5 stand is the way to start but on really nice days it can be crowded ( usually bacheleor parties in the spring)

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Gunny, we are about 1 1/4 hours NW of you. We have 5-Stand, Sporting Clays and some other games too. We're in Susquehanna Co, open year round. PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Whitetail preserve in Bloomsburg has a skeet range, it's a
nice place. If you want sporting clays Stackbarrels place
Rock mtn. is a great course!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts