The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to pattern our guns soon but it's been hard finding anywhere that allows birdshot. We are in Philly but we'll be hunting in Pike County, so SEPA or NEPA or anywhere in between (476, 309, 611) would be fine. Any suggestions? Any thoughts would be very appreciated!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Most sportsmans clubs will allow you to. I made my own targets I used a 3X3 piece of scrap plywood and a 4 foot wooden stake screwed the plywood to the stake pounded it in the ground and attached my target and went to town patterning at a club that didn't allow shotguns but they didn't mind that because I didn't tear up their target holders.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We are in the city and don't belong to an outdoor range (they are scarce). I sent an email to Sunset Hill and the husband thought Wicen's might be good, but they require the safety badge which seemed like a lot of trouble just to pattern. We've been practicing with buckshot because that's allowed at our range.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in SW PA, but according to the conservation officer out here, you can pattern in the state gamelands so long as it is outside of a season, you follow all safety laws, and you don't harm the trees, etc... for example, by stapling a target to a tree then blasting away.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I’m in the same boat. I’ve asked over 15 different “sportsmen” clubs, all said no, many did so very rudely.

I know the actual SGL ranges do not allow multiple-projectile ammo. Never heard of just going into SGL to shoot as WoodWorker said, if that's allowed that's a great option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts