The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I really enjoyed hunting pheasant in 2A this year, and I'm now officially hooked. Sadly I can't hunt pheasants in 2A until next year. So I'm trying to figure out where to go in 2B. Can anyone offer up some places that are stocked?

I see that they stock SGL 203, is that a decent place to hunt? What about Beaver County? Is SGL 173 decent? I'm trying to do my homework, but I'm not real sure which ways to go.

I live in Cecil township and want something relatively close. Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
23,761 Posts
203 ain't bad got one there before. It will be vey busy on stocking day.

I don't know any where else, sorry

·
Registered
927 Posts
173 was great for me this year, but the birds are more less just walking around they dont really flush well, there arnt any huge tall feilds, also i had great luck up on the sgl off rt 19 past 422 there are two, #25x? i dont remeber. that place has huge feilds, i got probly a dozen before deer season there.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'll take a look thanks.

It looks like that could be SGL 216. Does that sound right? If so I'm giving it a shot.

·
Registered
927 Posts
No actually its 284 sorry, it isnt 2b but 1a i live near wexford and usually take 79 to 422 then hit 19N for a few its on the right past a golf course. I hope you have good luck better than wasting time tho it onoy take me like 40min total getting there... There is a huge wet lands up there with boat launches right on the sgl they are primitive but they are there, Alot of guys hunting waterfowl up there too if you do that. there are several large lakes.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I see it's just a bit further up the road than 216. Getting a little far for after work hunting, but I will try it this Friday or Saturday.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts