The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone buy their seed from? Everyone says it's much cheaper to not buy a big buck brand of seed. The problem that I am seeing is that whooping costs from seed companies online are ridiculous. I'm located in SC Pa and am willing to drive if anyone knows of a good feed mill to use.

I am looking to plant a mix of winter wheat, winter rye, oats, and a radish/turnip to break the ground up a little. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
662 Posts
This year I am trying products from Grandpa Ray Outdoors. I liked the mixes he has and so we will see. I planted in 2nd week of June and won't be back up to camp till mid July to see how it is doing. You could try Rohrer seeds in New Holland. I have used them for individual stuff. You can get small quantities there as well. Not sure how their prices stack up with others. Good luck

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ernst Seed out of Meadville is a great company. Have some awesome food plot products and very high quality seed. We have been getting our seed from them for a few years now. We drive the 2 hours there to pick up but they offer shipping.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
My buddy has used the super-expensive Whitetail Institute seed and it grew no better than throw and grow stuff from Walmart. I buy seed from the local Feed and Seed and it grows much better for less than half the price. Perhaps the local mill carries seeds that are more suited for your area's soil?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts