The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy my wife a new deer rifle for Christmas and I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy one from. I live in Shippensburg and I don't want to teavel over 50 miles. I am looking for a compact rifle, the one I have in mind is the Browning Micro Midas X-Bolt chambered in a 7mm-08 but I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Check buds gun shop , on line.... when I couldnt get this 20ga semi italian gun, they were the only one that could help me. price was good, you'll need someone with a ffl to ship it to.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Get on Gunbroker.com and get your best price plus shipping then have it shipped to your own FFL dealer and tell him to hold it for you until Christmas..You send a check to pay your Seller and when you pick up your rifle from your dealer you pay him his transfer fee...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Check East Coast Gun Sales. They are in Altoona but have a web site and ship. I don't know if you'd need an ffl to ship to since you live in Pa and they are in Pa, not sure how that works. I've bought a few guns off them and they always have the best prices I can find.

Also if the rifle you're looking for isn't listed on their web site give them a call they probably have it in stock. I was looking for a particular shotgun last spring and it wasn't listed but I called them and they had it.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Jock said:
Check East Coast Gun Sales. They are in Altoona but have a web site and ship. I don't know if you'd need an ffl to ship to since you live in Pa and they are in Pa, not sure how that works. I've bought a few guns off them and they always have the best prices I can find.

Also if the rifle you're looking for isn't listed on their web site give them a call they probably have it in stock. I was looking for a particular shotgun last spring and it wasn't listed but I called them and they had it.
I think since they are a FFL they would have to ship to another FFL?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Check out auction arms as well. I usually buy local but sometimes you can get a deal on the net.
Good luck.

·
Registered
555 Posts
That's not a rifle that every shop is going to have in stock. I wouldn't mess around too long as they are are probably going to have to order it for you.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Take a look at Ruger "frontier" or "compact" rifle. Comes in the 7mm-08. They are great guns for kids and wives, actually they are nice carry guns if you do a lot of walking. Deadly accurate too. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts